Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fox Company: Road to Carentan Trailer (link fixed for explosion)
Klayman Offline

Threads: 14
Fox Company: Road to Carentan Trailer (link fixed for explosion)

I am proud to show you trailer for our latest movie...
Fox Company: Road to Carentan
You can find it here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...4208371136
The film is about squad combat during the first days of normandy campaign in ww2. The story takes a closer look to the platoon of paratroopers who fight against germans...

The movie is now finished and it was watched on (our own Wink ) premiere one week ago. I would like to know what do you people think about this trailer and about amateur films overall.

Right now we don't have any special ideas what to make as a next movie so I try to convince our members to make Penumbra: The Movie Wink.

Edit: The movie is finished and english subtitles have been added. The finished movie is uploaded here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...3901549722

Edit2: Link for the best scene from movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNbnru5CcQA (funny grenade explosion)
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2008, 05:43 PM by packz.)
08-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Fox Company: Road to Carentan Trailer

Which one of those is you? Tongue

I would like to see Penumbra: The Movie! Wink

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2008, 03:03 AM by Ano.)
08-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Website Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Could have spent more time with gun flashes; made them more subtle. Actors need more 'fear' in them. Gunshots need to be longer (instead of bang; it's gone. It should be bang, still hear echo, still hear echo, gone)
Actors need to fall more realisticly (take one for the team mate, get a few bruises on the back)
Uniforms could be a bit more dirty

but all in all, it looked great for your production costs (Less than $100, right? I'm guessing you guys already had the uniform.

If you do a penumbra game; don't do speaking. Create it in first person, and don't show any 'enemies'. Play with special effects (charecter falling on rocks, camera is tilted to show 'blood' dribbling down)
Scenery would be a bit difficult.

EDIT: -points for having 'Production' in your developing name. Have some originality mate! Adding "fims" "movies" "Productions" to the name does add some spiff to it, but so does coming up with a custom one.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
08-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Find
Klayman Offline

Scraper Wrote:Which one of those is you? Tongue
I am in the last scene of trailer where I am lieing on the ground and the soldier is saying "Come on!" and he is going to shot my head off.
WindexGlow Wrote:Could have spent more time with gun flashes; made them more subtle. Actors need more 'fear' in them. Gunshots need to be longer (instead of bang; it's gone.
We working on this movie for 1 year and from the begining our editor (also director) wasn't very skilled with flash effects. After finishing this movie he have much more skills with effects so the next movie will be better in effects.
WindexGlow Wrote:but all in all, it looked great for your production costs (Less than $100, right? I'm guessing you guys already had the uniform.
I think it was less than $40 Big Grin. Yes we had those uniforms and weapons.
WindexGlow Wrote:If you do a penumbra game; ...

I think you meant Movie not Game.. Well I am gonna make the script for it and see how difficult it can be to make movie about it. How did you described it is how I imaginating it.
08-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

looks good, windexglow's post definatly pointed out a few things, and you need the camera to almost have a bit of a effect. plus, the clothing, its a bit to modern. good considering the $40!!!!! Smile

Not an image
08-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Find
Klayman Offline

The version with subtitles is now ready. If someone want to see it then the link is in the first post.
09-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Find
Klayman Offline

I have uploaded one scene from Fox Company. It shows our favorite effect (grenade explosion). I have been working on it for almost a week because I was using Gamemaker and my own aplication created with it. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNbnru5CcQA The video may be a bit loud. It looks very funny so do not take it very seriously Wink
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2008, 05:41 PM by packz.)
10-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Find