Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.08 Average
Machine for Pigs & Custom Stories
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Disappointed with aamfp ( no custom stories)

I think the dead horse has been beaten enough by now.

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
09-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Custom stories update question

They will release a patch, much like they did with Justine... which was also available as a download on the website.

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
09-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Find
XDamienDaKillaX Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Disappointed with aamfp ( no custom stories)

(09-09-2013, 07:15 PM)Shawn6 Wrote:
(09-09-2013, 06:56 PM)sonataarctica Wrote:
(09-09-2013, 05:14 PM)Shawn6 Wrote: I do not understand you. Do you want to get less and less with each new game? And to get more, back to the old games?

Ok, im off. I am very disappointed. New 5h Amnesia without CS. Cool. New industry trend.

Can you not read? TDD will have an update that allows you to use AAMFP assets. AAMFP's engine has had functionality stripped such as the sanity system, inventory as well as use of tinderboxes and oil. Why would you want to use the engine that has less funtionality?

So, why make a new game with so lot less fuktionality ? Most of the reviews mentioned this as a major flaw. This thread is not about tdd.

13€ for 5h game is in my country too much.

You say that like your country has an entirely different array of games than everywhere else.
Play the game yourself, and see if it takes 5 hours. A reviewer took 7.
You also say less functionality is a bad thing. I do with that sanity was kept in the game in some way, and that there were items to collect like in the first game to solve puzzles, but I'm sure that I wont care tomorrow because of what the game has. You don't rate a game on its previous entry.
Honestly, your first comment made you seem like a troll by the way.

There were also about 25 GREAT custom stories out there, maybe even less. Do you like entering a custom story to see naked flying men everywhere? It got old.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2013, 08:56 PM by XDamienDaKillaX.)
09-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Find
Zjurc Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Machine for Pigs & Custom Stories

Has anyone tried to tinker with the game? Sorry if someone mentioned this already, but I just quickly scrolled through these 16 pages.

Anyway, seeing as the folder structure is basically the same (more or less) I actually directly inserted White Night full conversion mod and it kindof worked, but not really?

It looks like everything gets accepted but something breaks it, launching you directly into the main game. Disappointing. But it has potential.
With a bit of familiarization I'm certain that someone could make it working. Or restore custom_stories option. Who knows. We'll see.

The only thing I know is that this game isn't going through so easily. It will get mods eventually. And you know how it goes: when someone unlocks the door, everyone starts rushing inside.
09-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Find
lllDash Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Machine for Pigs & Custom Stories

This has been said a million times: aMfP will NOT have CS....BUT it can have mods (like any other game) AKA Full Conversions. In a way there will be CS for aMfP but it will require a bit more effort like modding other games. At least theoretically.

But I can see why there is no CS capabilities: tDD has more gameplay features whereas aMfP has more assets. Wouldn't it be better to have all custom stories work in one neat package as apposed to having to switch between games that lack something that the other has? It just makes sense to me. Once the tools gets an update we will be able to import aMfP assets. If you guys think the game is too short to purchase, then, isn't it still worth the buy for the all new assets that one can use in a CS?

My Custom Story: KEY TO FREEDOM: http://www.moddb.com/mods/key-to-freedom
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 10:22 AM by lllDash.)
09-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Find