Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Less Interactivity than before?
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Less Interactivity than before?

Guys, it's fucking Frictional Games. They know what they're doing, and the game will still be a very playable, and scary, game. Let's just wait out the remaining 9 days and see what happens.

[Image: signature-2.png]
09-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Find
Geoff Offline

Threads: 8

Keep in mind Streetboat, Thechineseroom is developing the game, Frictional is publishing.
09-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Isn't FG at least doing some quality control?

[Image: signature-2.png]
09-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

(09-02-2013, 07:47 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Isn't FG at least doing some quality control?
They'll look at the game. If the game is completely broken they'll obviously make them delay, but it's coming out soon and looks finished. The quality control doesn't matter when it comes to the game, they just have to make sure the game works.
09-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

I think some people have missed a few posts over the last few months (easy to do!) - while The Chinese Room did develop the game it was with Frictional's advice and guidance when required. Also, when TCR delivered the final game to Frictional there was more than just testing involved; tweaks were made by Frictional, some gameplay elements apparently changed and, if my memory is correct, Frictional even swapped around some of the ending sequence.

All gameplay decisions will have been fully 'approved' by Frictional and, from what I've seen of the first 30 mins of gameplay, everyone has done a magnificent job. So stop worrying about a 'lack' interactivity, there are plenty of objects for you to pick up and throw around (or dangle in front of you while walking if that pleases you). Smile
09-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

Personally, I am fully confident that the game will be at least as much enjoyable as TDD, because it is FG-approved. It is actually why I don't play custom stories: I have nothing that indicates how close each of them are to the original game's gameplay.
09-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I want to move objects even when they are useless.
I hope there are boxes or other crap in the environment I can pick up and move.
Not every thing must be an inventory object, but to grab in the environment makes a game more immersing and interesting. It's really boring when I only can pick up special objects with sense, which are waiting for you to get picked up.
09-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Find
Derxor Offline

Threads: 1

Maybe it will be too easy (just speculating) scince you can just hover over everything in the room, and whenever you see a hand, you will know that it's a point of interest... and that might spoil some puzzles. Unless I'm proven wrong in a couple of days

My youtube channel where I do some guitar covers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84Ttln...muSOA0bFHA
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013, 05:08 PM by Derxor.)
09-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Website Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

ITT: Overblowing stuff.
09-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Find
The Raining Brains Offline

Threads: 0

It does seem like very questionable design choice. Basic object interaction is pretty much a given standard now, regardless of whether it directly compliments a gameplay mechanic or not.

One criticism I can see arising of TCR is their somewhat forced approach to storytelling. In Dear Esther you weren't able to interact with objects either. I appreciate that they value storytelling, but I don't like being sheep-herded like that. I don't like being able to sense the restrictions of the gaming world.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013, 05:46 PM by The Raining Brains.)
09-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Find