Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia hangs on first loading screen, won't go further
gobbldygook Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia hangs on first loading screen, won't go further

First, system info:
Windows 8 Pro
Intel Xeon E3-1230 @ 3.30 Ghz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
RAM - 8 GB

When I first tried running Amnesia, I got nothing but a black screen - when I turned off full-screen, the game loaded up fine under all settings (low, medium, and high graphics). At this point I was just loading it to the menu, and then exiting to make sure I didn't get the black screen again. Each time I loaded it up, all the textures in the background, everything showed up without any apparent glitches, and the music was playing.

Next, I opened up the game on high settings, windowed, and tried to start a new game. At this point, it just sat there on the loading screen and appeared to do nothing. I waited ten minutes and nothing ever happened. Tried again on low settings, same result.

I set both launcher.exe and amnesia.exe to run in Win XP SP3 compatibility mode - didn't solve anything. Completed everything in Step 3 of the Graphics Card troubleshooting guide - still get the same problem (ran for 10 minutes, stuck on loading screen). When I alt-tab out and try to close the window, it won't close, and alt-F4 doesn't work in-window either. I have to end the process with the Task Manager.

"3a) Go to Documents and delete the folder Amnesia.
3b) Go to C:\Users\--YOUR-USER-NAME--\AppData\Local\ and rename the folder VirtualStore to VirtualStore_TEST.
4) Open Steam and Verify Local Data of Amnesia."

I did all the above, and Steam said that all my local data was verified. Tried again, and once again got stuck on the loading screen. I'm pretty much stumped about what to do next, so any help would be appreciated.

hp.log is from trying to run Amnesia after doing above steps 3-4.

Thanks!
~ gobbldygook

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.53 KB / Downloads: 96)
09-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia hangs on first loading screen, won't go further

Have you checked the troubleshooting guide? Is your DPI higher than 100%?
09-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Find
gobbldygook Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia hangs on first loading screen, won't go further

Yup, I'd looked int the troubleshooting guide but didn't realize maybe the DPI fix for the fullscreen would help! Turns out the setting I'd put it on to make text readable was affecting the DPI and I didn't realize it. Thanks!

(not sure how to mark thread as closed?)
09-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Don't worry, I'll leave it open. Glad the problem was solved. Have fun playing the game. Wink
09-10-2013, 12:29 AM
Find