Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The blue filter
Husker Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The blue filter

Please i beg you, remove this blue filter its ruining the game for me i cant play with this, and it serves no purpose. I thought my graphics were buged at first, but my friend and lot of people has the same Sad
09-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

It seemed to have worked like global ambient lighting (like a large boxlight for custom story creators). It really didn't bother me personally and even helped me see in places I otherwise wouldn't. Light against pitch blackness is jarring, and is often more annoying than immersive. There has been a guide for turning it off Root, have you bothered trying it yet?
09-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(09-10-2013, 10:57 PM)root Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 10:50 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: I thought the blue filter looked awesome; highly inoffensive for me. What is it exactly? Because there seems to be zones where it changes colour, post processing volumes or something?

Check those:

Blue filter ON:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32wuqi2cyt3ux9...28_378.png

Blue filter OFF:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tz4yp8rjl43wut...55_791.png

and

ON:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...ideModal=0

OFF:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...ideModal=0

I can't stand it.

Your links don't work; anyway, I think you're being over-critical about the irrelevant. Perhaps your monitor needs to be adjusted because it looked fine for me.

Actually your steam links work and I see no problem with the first image, the second is lacking in depth without the ambient colours.

Also, Statyk, it seems to be more than just a boxlight and fog because when I entered a certain part in one of the levels I went into an area where it went from the dark blue filter to light blue and it just faded in really well and gave the level a new colour, when I stepped out of it the colour went dark again. In the UDK you can use these zones to give each room an ambient colour and it fades in when you walk into that particular zone, it very much reminded me of that post processing effect.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 11:30 PM by Tesseract.)
09-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

I tried doing this in Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and it seems like the blue filter was indeed used to increase the speed of the game. Because of this blue filter, in conjuction with the use of fog, the draw distance is vastly decreased.

So if you want to use this for a custom story, I would only recommend doing so when you are using fog areas to mask the unrendered objects.

You can however change the start and end distances of the area.

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
09-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I hope the blue light bug will be fixed by FG.
The problem is that the user workaround by setting the fog to "false" is not a good solution. I don't want to remove the fog completely, I just want to reduce it. So that dark areas are not completely black and bright areas not completely blue. Would be nice if it's possible to make it how it is in The Dark Descent.
09-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

The blue fog was a good idea, but it seriously needs to be toned down. Turning down the contrast helps alleviate the intensity of the fog, but that also makes it harder for me to see my environment.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Website Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

I don't have any blue filter in my game, my screen is broken?[/align]
09-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

I don't know what happened, if I got used to the hue or what, but now I can't see the blue filter.

I remember being annoyed by it in the first areas and by the time I got further into the game I couldn't perceive it anymore.

Odd.
09-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

Funny - the ambient light seems to diminish once you get through the mansion (by which time you've already acquired a flashlight). The shadowy areas in the underground segments are pitch-black.
09-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Find