Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skipping Dialogues
OneLeggedDruid Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 9 Years, 3 Months, 2 Weeks ago Skipping Dialogues

Hi. I really really hope you can help me with this. I downloaded Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs an hour ago, I started playing, and everything was fine. After a few minutes, I decided to rename my ingame profile. There wasn't such an option so, considering that I had only been playing for a few minutes, I decided to delete that one and create another.
The sound was buggy, in this second (and in the third) playthrough. Even from the start, the opening cutscene wasn't snyched. I could hear the "clicks" of the lights going on way before it actually happened.
And after, when Oswald would say something, I'd only hear a few lines of his whole speech. I noticed this because the subtitles appeared for a second, then disappeared, and then Oswald would skip to the next line.
Considering that the story is 90% of this game, I really can't play it like this. Advices?
09-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20
Solved: 9 Years, 3 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Skipping Dialogues

So this happened when you opened a new profile? So delete the buggy profile and open a profile, but now name it same with the profile you deleted first, the profile which is the game works fine.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 11:24 AM by summit.)
09-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Find
OneLeggedDruid Offline

I'm sorry, I'll certainly try, but I don't see how the name of the ingame profile can be related to anything O.o
09-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20

(09-10-2013, 11:26 AM)OneLeggedDruid Wrote: I'm sorry, I'll certainly try, but I don't see how the name of the ingame profile can be related to anything O.o
No you missunderstand me, when you open a profile, in the profile folder of Amnesia, there will be a new file named "your profile name". Let's say my profile name is "Example". In the folder of "Example", this folder contains your saves, settings, other things. So if your first profile folder is still there, that means maybe you can play the game without issues.
09-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Find
OneLeggedDruid Offline

Oh, I understand... Okay, I will try that and let you know if it worked, thanks Smile
09-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Find
jnhs Offline

Threads: 0

I have the same problem, unfortunately. For example: Nobody was talking when I picked up the phone before entering the hidden passage. I just created a profile and started playing. Neither did I rename it nor did I create a second one.
09-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Find