Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Requiem: Crash/Freeze near blue lasers
Keth Offline

Threads: 7
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Requiem: Crash/Freeze near blue lasers

[Image: crash6.jpg]
On the beginning of the level the weird waving on the top wall (I guess it supposed to be like this) and the blue lasers above.
First crash, I have been randomly clicking the red buttons (in-game) on the ground and after like 5-10 seconds the freeze came.
Second crash, I haven't clicked any buttons this time but climbed up the wall and after I went through the blue lasers imidiatly game freezed.
Third crash, I climbed up again and I saw my FPS decreasing (like 5 FPS per second - I had 60 FPS on the begginig). After reaching 15 FPS the game suddenly freezed.
Fourth crash, SOMEHOW I managed to get on the lift (still near the blue lasers) and one more time game freezed when my FPS was low.

I saw a Black Box on all of above freezes and crashes (using Alt+Tab).

Basically it's impossible to complete this level because of the freezes or crashes.

Due to the freeze I coudln't manage to catch the Black Box (because Penumbra was on the top).
Luckly, I did this screenshot of Black Box:
[Image: crash5.jpg]

I'm really waiting for the fix because I love the game.

Fan of Penumbra,
~Keth
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2008, 03:00 AM by pat01.)
08-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Requiem: Crash/Freeze near blue lasers

I would recommend first updating the drivers for your graphics card and see if that helps to solve any crashes.

If not, try turning off "Refractions" in the advanced section of the graphics menu.

See if any of that helps.

Also, I am afraid that a screenshot of blackbox does not help much, instead it is better to zip and attach "hpl.log" which you will find in "My Documents/Penumbra/Requiem/".
08-28-2008, 06:44 AM
Find
Keth Offline

Threads: 7
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Requiem: Crash/Freeze near blue lasers

hpl.log in attachment.
I do have the newest drivers however, I will try.
Whole Penumbra Overture, Black Plague and all different places on Requiem are working fine with maximum fps.
Turning off refractions DID help (no more crashes) and FPS is back to 60 (limit).
Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2008, 02:30 AM by pat01.)
08-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Find