Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Requiem freeze when looking at ball.
Dunge Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Requiem freeze when looking at ball.

I'm entering level 6 (?) just after the helipad thing and the loading takes longer than usual, and when I get in game I see a ball in front of me with some sparks on it and everything just freeze. Well, it's not completely frozen but I have like 1 frame per 30 second so it take ages only to try to push esc to return to the menu.

I tried to set gfx details all to low and all to maxed up, no difference. I have a 9800gtx and the latest drivers.
08-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Find
Polygonspammer Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Requiem freeze when looking at ball.

Hello

your problem is probably not your graphics card as much as your other hardware. I use the 9800gtx myself and have no problems running the game. Try updating the drivers for your other hardware and see if that helps.
08-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Find
GoDL1Ke
Unregistered

Dunge Wrote:I'm entering level 7 (?) just after the helipad thing and the loading takes longer than usual, and when I get in game I see a ball in front of me with some sparks on it and everything just freeze. Well, it's not completely frozen but I have like 1 frame per 30 second so it take ages only to try to push esc to return to the menu.

I tried to set gfx details all to low and all to maxed up, no difference. I have a 9800gtx and the latest drivers.

I have the same problem and It's through the whole damn level Big Grin only 2 levels after this wont lag others WILL MWHAHAHAHA xD
08-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Dunge Offline

I think it's level6, not 7. Anyway,

Yeah I have all the latest drivers for all parts on my computer and can guarantee that any other game works fine. The only thing I changed recently is a new 5.1 speaker system, but drivers are ok and the rest of the game was working, so why stop at this level?

GoDL1Ke; how do you know how levels after this one are? I mean, it's not just slow or laggy, it's unplayable. I can't even look around it would take me 5 minutes to turn around 360degree.
08-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Level06 is the most demanding of all levels, but not sure why it is so slow for you. Your card should handle it easily.
What resolution are you running now? Try turning it down and see how that improves. Also make sure AA and AF are turned off and that u do not have them to "force on" in the control panel.

Also, make sure there is not some background application interfering with things.
08-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Find
Dunge Offline

I usually play in 1680x1050 but I had tried to play in 640*480 and no AF/AA before my first post. I also have no program using my cpu and I even tried after a reboot. It's probably stuck in some loop somewhere.. I don't know what else I could do without a source code to debug Tongue.
08-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Find
Dunge Offline

Here is my hpl.log. There are a few error messages under "Game Running", are those normal?
08-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Find
GoDL1Ke
Unregistered

Dunge Wrote:I think it's level6, not 7. Anyway,

Yeah I have all the latest drivers for all parts on my computer and can guarantee that any other game works fine. The only thing I changed recently is a new 5.1 speaker system, but drivers are ok and the rest of the game was working, so why stop at this level?

GoDL1Ke; how do you know how levels after this one are? I mean, it's not just slow or laggy, it's unplayable. I can't even look around it would take me 5 minutes to turn around 360degree.

Well it took me 1:30/2 hours i think to get past those levels with the damn lag and i played it with lowest settings...Btw I think this is the 6th player of the game i herd so far of having this problem including me of course.I got a 9600GT so... It couldn't be of my specs i have em in sexy's post Big Grin
08-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Domas Offline

Threads: 0

I also have this problem Sad I see the last post is almost two months old, so maybe now there is a way to fix it? (I downloaded the patch, but it didn't help).

Since the "electric ball" level, everything was running without a slightest lag with highest graphics, and now I get 1/20 FPS when using 640x320 with all graphic options turned off.
10-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Domas:
see if the patch works!
http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/82/
10-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Find