Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A:AMFP DLC ?
Plazmater Offline

Threads: 24
A:AMFP DLC ?

I am curious if there are planned some DLC´s for AMFP just like Justine in TDD , i know we have custom stories and we can import new things from AMFP to TDD to make custom story better, but still i am always saying that developers makes things best , and no matter how great custom stories can be , when developers make DLC it feels like it is best. SO i idk any info about that but i think everyone would be happy if there will be DLC in some time, similar to justine or longer , maybe with kinda new puzzles and short new story, and i really dont care about that if there would be new models/textures that isn´t important for DLC. Knowing that developers will probably never make 3rd series of Amnesia and they are working on that ´´Super Secret Project´´ but in some future time there could be some cool DLC maybe.
09-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: A:AMFP DLC ?

Hi,

From the Information Portal:

Quote:Are there plans to release DLC or add-ons in future like Justine?

While no official word has been given on this question, and it's difficult to project too far into the future, it seems unlikely that this will happen. The Chinese Room were brought in to develop A Machine For Pigs primarily because Frictional Games were devoting all of their time to their Super Secret Project, which is still in its early stages. When asked about the possibility of a sequel during the May 1st Q&A Dan Pinchbeck stated that he and his team have already moved on to other projects, so if it were to happen it wouldn't be The Chinese Room doing it. Neither Frictional Games nor The Chinese Room appear to have the time to develop any extra content.

09-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Find
Plazmater Offline

Threads: 24

(09-11-2013, 05:16 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Hi,

From the Information Portal:

Quote:Are there plans to release DLC or add-ons in future like Justine?

While no official word has been given on this question, and it's difficult to project too far into the future, it seems unlikely that this will happen. The Chinese Room were brought in to develop A Machine For Pigs primarily because Frictional Games were devoting all of their time to their Super Secret Project, which is still in its early stages. When asked about the possibility of a sequel during the May 1st Q&A Dan Pinchbeck stated that he and his team have already moved on to other projects, so if it were to happen it wouldn't be The Chinese Room doing it. Neither Frictional Games nor The Chinese Room appear to have the time to develop any extra content.

Ye , haven´t time but chinese room was making amfp and frictional games only publishing it. and super secret project is made only by frictional games , so it could be interesting. but now amfp is out and now they might have time
09-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

Much as I'd like to see one, I doubt this will happen. Too bad, in 4 hours, TCR barely had the time to show us their universe.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 06:08 PM by felixmole.)
09-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

No sequel or DLC. A Machine For Pigs worked well enough as a stand-alone that the three references to The Dark Descent actually felt a little contrived.

Part of me would enjoy more follow-ups in the Amnesia universe, but I think I'd rather go with something fresher. Frictional is working on a separate story, and the Dear Esther folks have already moved on.

There's always custom stories, and I like to imagine that Penumbra and Amnesia exist in the same cosmologically-twisted world...
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 10:21 PM by Alardem.)
09-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

FG and TCR, as stated many times in this thread, have moved on.

I agree with Alardem, I don't want another game set in Amnesia's universe. I just want FG to break radio silence and reveal their secret project.
09-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Find