Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Definitive date for updated Level Editor / AMFP Assets / .3ds compatibility
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34
Definitive date for updated Level Editor / AMFP Assets / .3ds compatibility

Basically what the subject says. I know this topic has been repeated, but does anyone have a concrete date on when .3ds files will be compatible with the editor? This basically defines the exact time I can start working again so I really want to know if its going to be like tomorrow or 5 months from now.

Anyone from FG have a rough estimate on when? Sorry to post a topic that has been discussed previously as well.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Definitive date for updated Level Editor / AMFP Assets / .3ds compatibility

Oh my lord, you're back!

As for the question: I think they are still gathering feedback concerning some script updates along with the update to use the AMFP assets on here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22612.html.

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
09-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

There will not be .3ds support, the max support added with AMFP is simply to make the 3D's max Autodesk collada format (DAE) work properly within amnesia, still .DAE and everything will still be done the same way, only difference is that you won't have scaling issues and you are able to export animations from max.
09-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(09-12-2013, 10:25 PM)Traggey Wrote: There will not be .3ds support, the max support added with AMFP is simply to make the 3D's max Autodesk collada format (DAE) work properly within amnesia, still .DAE and everything will still be done the same way, only difference is that you won't have scaling issues and you are able to export animations from max.

Well that's a little disappointing, though its still workable. That also explains how the update allows the addition of the newer files from AMFP. Any idea on the updated functions release date?

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

I hope we can use AMFP assets Tongue... Prob gotta return into development picture again, once new tools are out Big Grin. Maybe it is obout time I try to do something what isn't buggy as hell Big Grin.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
09-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Find
Reminiscity Offline

Threads: 16

I'm dying to know when its gonna be released so I can use all the new assets. Can't work either. Some rough estimate would be nice. Like next week? or month from now? that would be a good enough answer.

Do you guys know if it's a good idea or not to copy/paste the assets that are usable and start building? My understanding is that they will release all the assets in a package and then we all need to place them in the same folder so we can use them in our mods without having to include all the models. Is that correct? In that case, if I copy/paste the assets that are usable from amfp folder into tdd folder then I need to know where to paste them so that the editor points to the correct folders when loading. So not a good idea right?

My mod Amadeus
09-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(09-13-2013, 12:33 PM)Reminiscity Wrote: I'm dying to know when its gonna be released so I can use all the new assets. Can't work either. Some rough estimate would be nice. Like next week? or month from now? that would be a good enough answer.

Do you guys know if it's a good idea or not to copy/paste the assets that are usable and start building? My understanding is that they will release all the assets in a package and then we all need to place them in the same folder so we can use them in our mods without having to include all the models. Is that correct? In that case, if I copy/paste the assets that are usable from amfp folder into tdd folder then I need to know where to paste them so that the editor points to the correct folders when loading. So not a good idea right?

You can't really use any of the assets right now anyway as the .dae files aren't even recognized. Unfortunately we have to wait.

09-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

DAE and FBX files from 3D Max will be supported. There's still a bit of testing to be done so that we can make sure the new script stuff doesn't mess up old levels/saves, but it really shouldn't be long at all. We know you're waiting. Smile
09-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

FBX?

Patrik, let me carry your children. Finally, a proper workflow.
09-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(09-14-2013, 11:39 AM)Traggey Wrote: FBX?

Patrik, let me carry your children. Finally, a proper workflow.

OT: (warning aamfp spoilurz)
Spoiler below!
TRAGGEY IS THE MACHINE

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 12:11 PM by Hardarm.)
09-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Website Find