Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Requiem: Impossible to run while holding an item
Keth Offline

Threads: 7
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Requiem: Impossible to run while holding an item

It's really annoying when I got an item holding in hand really close to me (use scroll lock to move it as close as possible) and then trying to run (not walk) forward with [Shift] key. The object is blocking the way to run just like a wall.

Same with rotating items (ex. a barrel), impossible to rotate when the object is too close.

Fan of Penumbra,
~Keth
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2008, 11:11 PM by pat01.)
08-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Find
GoDL1Ke
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Requiem: Impossible to run while holding an item

Well how could you run if the item is heavy...And why do you want to rotate a object that's like in your eyes Big Grin.
08-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Keth Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Requiem: Impossible to run while holding an item

GoDL1Ke Wrote:Well how could you run if the item is heavy...And why do you want to rotate a object that's like in your eyes Big Grin.

I'm talking about really really small objects like a box of cornflakes you are holding in front of you as close as possible.
The box weight like 0.5kg.

The object I'm holding should be moved first and then the player.
In HPL engine it's the player who moves first and then the object what causes the collision

About the rotation you are right.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2008, 02:57 PM by pat01.)
08-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Find
GoDL1Ke
Unregistered

Was that the box in the ice level?
08-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Keth Offline

GoDL1Ke Wrote:Was that the box in the ice level?

Nope, on every level.
I don't mean a big box but a box like this:
[Image: box1.jpg]

If you will hold it like this:
[Image: box2.jpg]

then you won't be able to run forward. The box will block you.
08-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Find
GoDL1Ke
Unregistered

Mmmmm Tastyflakes Smile.But i don't think that's only in Requiem :/.
08-31-2008, 07:27 PM