Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: A Coward's Debt [COMING APRIL 15]
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
Amnesia: A Coward's Debt [COMING APRIL 15]

[Image: acowardsdept2.1.png]

by Damascus (creator of Amnesia: The Great Work)

Your name is Jean.  You are 42 years old.  You live alone with your wife Evangelyne in your French estate.  These are the only things you know for sure.

You awaken in your home, with no memories of the past few weeks. Your wife is nowhere to be found. Through the windows you can only see inky blackness. What’s more, you can hear something stalking the hallways of your home. And it’s getting closer.

In Amnesia: A Coward's Debt, you take the role of Jean, who searches his home for answers.  Story and characterization are taking a front seat in this game, providing for a complex and dramatic plot still rife with tension and horror.  I aim to scare the piss out of the players, just as much as I aim to move them to tears with Jean's tragedy.

Unlike my previous (huge) Custom Story, "The Great Work," this story is average in length.  There is only one map in this custom story, and it is large, detailed, and complicated.

Features:
--Models from The Dark Descent, Justine, and Machine for Pigs.
--All new models created by Crisosphinx, including a new custom enemy, The Weeper.
--All new music created by Python Blue.
--The matchbox, a replacement for the lantern and tinderboxes.  A reusable item that can light candles and torches, but only for a limited time.
--Four central characters: Jean, Evangelyne, Guillaume, and the Guide.  (Voice acting auditions will be held after level design has completed)

Justine and Machine for Pigs will not be required in order to play this Custom Story.  Also, inventory and sanity will be retained from the original story.  I'll be taking my time with this Custom Story and refining level creation and atmosphere as much as I can.  Stay tuned for more updates!

With voices now cast, I'm also looking for people to translate this mod for me.  Please let me know if you would like to translate this into another language. Smile

Voice Cast

Jean – Eric Wheeldon
Guillaume
Weeper – Eric Wheeldon
Evangelyne – beartrixthestrange
The Guide – AGP

Production progress
Wrapping up

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 03:44 AM by Damascus.)
09-13-2013, 01:49 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Amnesia: A Coward's Debt

Ooo, look who's at it again. Godspeed, I might actually play this when it's finished.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
09-13-2013, 02:16 AM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

Woooo

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
09-15-2013, 06:02 AM
Find
tezpull666 Away
Banned

Threads: 15

NICE! Big Grin
09-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Another one! Yes! Keeping eyes on this one ^^

“Life is a game, play it”
09-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24

yes yes yes :3

09-17-2013, 02:37 AM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

Threads: 3

Yea! GIMME DAMASCUS GAME! I absolutely loved The Great Work Big Grin

You will see me, and weep in cold fear...
09-28-2013, 03:46 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Dang I think I should probably also edit that post so a mod doesn't also misunderstand and delete the thread. XD

Glad you guys are looking forward to it! I'm gonna try my best <3

09-28-2013, 05:34 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I have no idea what has just transpired in here a few hours ago XD

EDIT: Potentially misunderstanding posts go bye bye!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 05:58 AM by Kreekakon.)
09-28-2013, 05:57 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

An update! Almost done decorating the second floor, after which I can move on to lighting and scripting. I've also decided to introduce a new mechanic for lighting up areas!

Matchbox - An item the player gains early on in the game that, like tinderboxes, allow the player to light candles and torches. Unlike tinderboxes, it is infinitely reusable. However, lamps that are lit with the matchbox will only stay on for a certain amount of time, before fizzling out and requiring another match. (Lamps already lit when the level begins will stay lit indefinitely).

10-27-2013, 02:24 AM
Find