Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiding Aspect *possible spoilers*
Kotch Offline

Threads: 1
Hiding Aspect *possible spoilers*

Did you like the fact that the only real hiding spots were dark areas, or did you hate that you weren't able to hide in wardrobes like in Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

I've played the game twice and the first time I played I hated it. I didn't really realize that you were just suppose to try and stick to the darker areas, such as the area after you have to fill up the 6 furnaces with coal. There were about three monsters and the first time I played, once one of them saw me, I just stood there and let it kill me because I had nowhere to go. The second time I played I just stuck to the shadows and they never saw me.

I just want to know peoples thought on this aspect.
09-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Find
EnDash Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Hiding Aspect *possible spoilers*

that was the first thing i did when my lantern flickerd and i heard the monster. i closed the lantern and hid in the shadows. and it just passed next to me, boy was that scary lol. the scariest thing was that i couldn't see where to go, unless i opened the lantern, and everytime i did i accidently pointed at the pigman and he started chasing me.

i was surprised when i heard people saying if a monster kills you it disappears when you respawn, i only died once in the game and it was in the sacking of london level, before that i just avoided very slowly the monsters.

also if you play again, try and hear the sniffing the pigman does, it's one of the scariest sound effects in any horror game. you feel like he might accidently smell you and start chasing you.
09-13-2013, 08:40 AM
Find