Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DLC idea to Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
Nooblitz Offline

Threads: 1
DLC idea to Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

Hey Everyone! So i played trough Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs a couple of days ago and it was a great game! I would like to see more. So i was thinking maybe an DLC would be great and the topic could be: What happened in Mexico when they discovered the temple and saw the vision what led to the creation of the machine. I mean it would be great to experience!
Sorry for my bad English but please let me know what you think!
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 08:49 PM by Nooblitz.)
09-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: DLC idea to Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

(09-14-2013, 06:13 PM)Nooblitz Wrote: Hey Everyone! So i played trough Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs a couple of days ago and it was a great game! I would like to see more. So i was thinking maybe an DLC would be great and the topic could be: What happened in Texas when they discovered the temple and saw the vision what led to the creation of the machine. I mean it would be great to experience!
Sorry for my bad English but please let me know what you think!

Texas?

Cowboy pigs wielding chainsaws would be awesome, let's do it!
09-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

Although something that might be expanded upon, your idea is much like the 'reason' why George Lucas felt it was necessary to create the prequel trilogy.

The thing is, is that the discovery of the Aztec temple (Templo Mayor) is all background story, and background story is something that is not interesting at all to tell when it is supposed to act on its own (the reason why it was not visualised in AMFP).

In essence, instead of Amnesia: Justine, Frictional Games could have told the story of how Daniel found the ancient orb pieces in Africa.

This however, would be highly illogical due to the fact that the backstory is being told through diaries. What would FG need to do if they wanted to visualise that particular part of the game? The archaeological site collapsed. African diggers rescue Daniel, while holding the pieces of the Orb-- that is all you need to know.

However, I can imagine that DamnNoHtml will undoubtedly try to make some sort of continuation, such as what he did with Amnesia: Through the Portal.

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
09-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

I think he meant Mexico lol.

But I hope they pull a Justine, as in offer a new campaign but for free. Someone else's pov and not focus on the background narrative.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 06:43 PM by Cuyir.)
09-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

I'd like to know whether the century brought about by Mandus' atrocities is any worse than ours.

Brennenburg was salvaged by Mandus; who would salvage the Machine in the aftermath of the Pig attack?
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 08:43 PM by Alardem.)
09-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Find
Nooblitz Offline

(09-14-2013, 06:42 PM)Nuits Grace Wrote: I think he meant Mexico lol.

But I hope they pull a Justine, as in offer a new campaign but for free. Someone else's pov and not focus on the background narrative.

Yeah i ment Mexico :d. I edited it right now Big Grin
09-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

(09-14-2013, 08:50 PM)Nooblitz Wrote:

I knew what you meant, but just wanted to make a dumb joke. Tongue

Apparently there are no plans for "DLC" or sequels to Amnesia, and both TCR and Frictional are busy working on new projects. They're ambivalent about what may happen to Amnesia once they finish those projects - it all depends on how much demand there is for them.

Personally, A Machine For Pigs should mark the end of Amnesia. It ends by transitioning into the twentieth century, heralding the modern age. Leave it well alone. Let's go into the future now.
09-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Find
Nooblitz Offline

Thanks for Replies and your thoughts on my idea :p Maybe this isnt the best idea for a DLC but i hope they make somekind of dlc Smile I guess we have to wait and see.

(09-14-2013, 08:54 PM)Alardem Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 08:50 PM)Nooblitz Wrote:

I knew what you meant, but just wanted to make a dumb joke. Tongue

Apparently there are no plans for "DLC" or sequels to Amnesia, and both TCR and Frictional are busy working on new projects. They're ambivalent about what may happen to Amnesia once they finish those projects - it all depends on how much demand there is for them.

Personally, A Machine For Pigs should mark the end of Amnesia. It ends by transitioning into the twentieth century, heralding the modern age. Leave it well alone. Let's go into the future now.

Yeah, i guess you have a point there Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 08:58 PM by Nooblitz.)
09-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(09-14-2013, 06:41 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: However, I can imagine that DamnNoHtml will undoubtedly try to make some sort of continuation, such as what he did with Amnesia: Through the Portal.

Pretty doubtful. I barely see AMFP as a sequel to Amnesia. The very brief connections involving Alexander, vitae, and the Orb I feel were just there to say "Hey this is Amnesia related guys." I still like AMFP, but not as an Amnesia sequel.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

(09-14-2013, 10:48 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 06:41 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: However, I can imagine that DamnNoHtml will undoubtedly try to make some sort of continuation, such as what he did with Amnesia: Through the Portal.

Pretty doubtful. I barely see AMFP as a sequel to Amnesia. The very brief connections involving Alexander, vitae, and the Orb I feel were just there to say "Hey this is Amnesia related guys." I still like AMFP, but not as an Amnesia sequel.

Sequels don't need the same character and setting - more a continuation of the themes, style and same broad framework (Lovecraftian horror).

I think a lot of people were wanting more of the same, rather than something new.
09-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Find