Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

movie
radioactivestd Offline

Threads: 3
movie

I have been thinking about making a short film based off of Penumbra. I do a lot of filming, "mostly horror" and I think I could pull off a decent short movie just for fun for the fans.
09-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Find
Klayman Offline

Threads: 14
RE: movie

That would be awsome! I am planing to make a Penumbra Movie too.
09-01-2008, 02:35 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

I've come up with quite a bit for a movie. In my movie or movies, Philip is engaged to a lady named Anna, and she too comes along.

some of my ideas:

Once they enter the cave, there is no more video of the outside world, only the cave.
Once Anna disappears, she is no longer on camera. It will make us wonder if she is indeed alive still or dead
Nothing too dramatic and corny like rock worm standing up briefly, looking at Philip, roaring, and then chasing him with dramatic music. A dog chase here and there though, but nothing overly done.
For whatever reason, Red doesn't listen to Philip with the COM Radio.
Some hallucinations, but again, not too many.
At a point, possibly a sequel, some creature begins to break down the down, Philip begins to lose it (breathing hard, etc), then it breaks down and the creature (imagining something with wings, a break, screeching sounds, 6 or 7 feet tall, kind of skinless)
09-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Find
Umbra Offline

Threads: 2

I don't think a movie idea is good - Penumbra is videogame, one of the best (for me) and I don't want to see a movie - I want to play, be in this dark underworld, this hightmare)

But if it will be movie, fans mast not make it - let a professionals do it or else it will be somthing like Devil May Cry movie (fans make it, there is first trailer) with bad camera etc..

But... May be make film in Blair Witch Projekt style?) It will be pretty nice%)
09-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Find
radioactivestd Offline

Umbra Wrote:I don't think a movie idea is good - Penumbra is videogame, one of the best (for me) and I don't want to see a movie - I want to play, be in this dark underworld, this hightmare)

But if it will be movie, fans mast not make it - let a professionals do it or else it will be somthing like Devil May Cry movie (fans make it, there is first trailer) with bad camera etc..

But... May be make film in Blair Witch Projekt style?) It will be pretty nice%)

Trust me, I can film a lot better quality than, "blair witch". In my opinion Blair Witch is not horror; it was a social experiment to see if they could spend 200 bucks to make a crap movie, then spend the rest of their budget on advertising.

Their idea paid off big time, and made horror films that came out afterwards equal shit. Why make a movie at all just flash colors on the screen and pay a couple million to run advertising talking about how scary the flashing colors are; and that the flashing colors movie was based on a true story of evil flashing colors.

I recommend you watch From Beyond, Re Animator, or John Carpenters, "The Thing".

Have you seen the video game based movies being released by the, "pros"? Resident Evil, and the crate of never ending bald zombies ring a bell?
09-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Find
radioactivestd Offline

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:I've come up with quite a bit for a movie. In my movie or movies, Philip is engaged to a lady named Anna, and she too comes along.

some of my ideas:

Once they enter the cave, there is no more video of the outside world, only the cave.
Once Anna disappears, she is no longer on camera. It will make us wonder if she is indeed alive still or dead
Nothing too dramatic and corny like rock worm standing up briefly, looking at Philip, roaring, and then chasing him with dramatic music. A dog chase here and there though, but nothing overly done.
At a point, possibly a sequel, some creature begins to break down the down, Philip begins to lose it (breathing hard, etc), then it breaks down and the creature (imagining something with wings, a break, screeching sounds, 6 or 7 feet tall, kind of skinless)

You have a lot of good ideas. I'm probably going to write a short 5 minute piece that will mainly focus on the feeling you get when you play the first episode.
09-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Will it be downloadable? Tongue

09-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Website Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

radioactivestd Wrote:
Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:I've come up with quite a bit for a movie. In my movie or movies, Philip is engaged to a lady named Anna, and she too comes along.

some of my ideas:

You have a lot of good ideas. I'm probably going to write a short 5 minute piece that will mainly focus on the feeling you get when you play the first episode.

thanks. I'm no pro, but I tend to look up to certain directors that had made some good films, like Ingmar Bergman, Stanley Kubrick, even some of Woody Allen. Directors that took time to do heavy research, like Stanley Kubrick.
Not saying it would ever happen, but if a movie ever came out, it has to be real in some way, morbid, nothing too fake. look at the difference between the original Shining and the newer one. BIG DIFFERENCE! To me, the original was done so well, amazing acting.

As for Blair Witch, it was okay once. But that was it. I don't know if it's because they were trying to lead us into the horrors at the end, or what.
It's like, that's all they had going, and once you knew what happened at the end, there was no point in watching it. that's my opinion though. it was spooky and fun the first time, but that was it.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2008, 04:06 AM by Greatred.)
09-02-2008, 04:04 AM
Find
Umbra Offline

Threads: 2

radioactivestd, I watched many horror-movies and I want to say that Blair Witch one of the best. But best of the best if Necronomikon (1994) - 3 novels in one and it make you feel fear only in one of it. "The Thing" is not too scary, after all movies based on S.King's novels it wasn't too cool, but yes, one of the best of all "King's" movies

Horror-movies based on games? Well, Resident Evil wasn't horror... DooM become just film... But Silent Hill eas pretty good, but not like a game

If someone will make Penumbra movie I, of course, will download/buy it but it's not very good idea
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2008, 06:21 AM by pavetsuki.)
09-02-2008, 06:19 AM
Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

It would be like Mcgyver by him self in a scary setting with out a Mullet

Who wouldn't want to watch it????
:o
09-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Find