Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Idea.
Scout5 Offline

Threads: 2
Custom Story Idea.

I have an Idea for a Custom Story. Tell me what you guys think.

"You are Miles Freeby, part of the 87th division of the United States Army. The Year is 1855, and you and a squad of men are on a mission to infiltrate the Upshur Manor. The Uphsur Manor has had history of disruptions in the night, and people have been claiming there have been some experiments of the supernatural. Many have been signing a Petition to have the Leader of the Manor, William Upshur, to come out in explain these disruptions. However, no one has seen William for over a Year. So now you, and your squad have infiltrated the Upshur Manor to figure what is going on. As you enter, you suddenly feel tired, and Queasy. You Soon then Black Out. You Wake up in a Strange Dark Room. You are Alone. Now, you have to find you men, investigate, and get the Hell out of there."

What do you guys think? Don't think it will be done anytime soon, I have to learn how to use the Editor first, unless any one wants to help me, or even Program the Custom Story yourself, I will give you lots of Credit. But anyhow, what do you guys think? I think I might Call the Custom Story M.I.A, but at the same time, I kinda think it doesn't fit for Amnesia.
09-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Custom Story Idea.

The story sparks interest, but for full effect we need to actually see something. But so far, it might turn out well if you put lots of effort into it.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

It's a nice premise, but whether, or not it ultimately turns out to be a good idea depends on how the story afterward pans out.

And yeah, you should go learn the tools first. It's always best to make a custom story by yourself as much as you can for cases like these, because you understand its vision the most Smile

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Find
Scout5 Offline

(09-15-2013, 08:00 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: It's a nice premise, but whether, or not it ultimately turns out to be a good idea depends on how the story afterward pans out.

And yeah, you should go learn the tools first. It's always best to make a custom story by yourself as much as you can for cases like these, because you understand its vision the most Smile

Where can I learn the tools? I tried the frictional Website, but its says unfinished, Is there any other Website?
09-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

Interesting concept, and I like the working title.

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
09-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Find
Scout5 Offline

(09-15-2013, 08:24 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Interesting concept, and I like the working title.

Thanks, I'm Also thinking of Soldier of Fortune, But I'm starting to like M.I.A.

This is surprisingly easy, i'm now making a test room. One Question, though, how do i move the camera around? I know how to zoom in and out, but I don't know how to move my camera around. Any Help?
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2013, 08:53 PM by Scout5.)
09-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Alt + LMB + move with mouse

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
09-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Sounds good. For tutorials and functions, use the wiki.
To learn how to use the editors, a good help it's a video about basics in Maya.

09-16-2013, 06:54 AM
Find