Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help A very weird lantern issue o.O
TrollingForever Offline

Threads: 2
Question  A very weird lantern issue o.O

Hello everyone, I thank you in advance for your assistance and I would like to get straight to the point.

I have a weird problem with the lantern model when I try to place it in the game world from the Level Editor. I Googled it and didn`t find anything, so this is my best bet.

Anyway, the exact problem I`m having is this:

When I place the lantern(item) in the game world, somehow the lantern model is invisible, but it is there and all the options are avaiable for it. Here`s a screenshot of what I mean:

[Image: lkqp.png]

I`m very confused by this because a few months ago it was working perfectly and since then I did not do anything to make this happen.

Also, when I place the lantern in the game and then load the level in-game, the game crashes.

Thanks in advance once again Smile

Just trollin` forev`a ;D
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 03:00 PM by TrollingForever.)
09-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Website Find
Kullin Offline

Threads: 23
RE: A very weird lantern issue o.O

You can't use it in the level editor as far as i know. I tried it and the only thing I could to was to have it as your lantern (when your holding it).
I think you need to wait for the update so you can use it!
Big Grin
09-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

The textures aren't showing up because the level editor failed to find, or failed to load, the HPL2 material file associated with the model's textures. As for the gigantic size, that's because 3DS Max-generated DAE files aren't fully supported in the current version of Amnesia.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-17-2013, 06:42 PM
Website Find
TrollingForever Offline

Quote:You can't use it in the level editor as far as i know. I tried it and the only thing I could to was to have it as your lantern (when your holding it).
Big Grin

I believe you misunderstood me. The model I placed into the game was a lantern from The Dark Descent, not A Machine For Pigs.
Also, while mentioning AMFP, I installed it yesterday and, as far as I know, this could very well be the problem because, if I remember correctly, the problem did not occur before that. I just do not know what did it cause exactly, but that`s a topic of it`s own.

Quote:The textures aren't showing up because the level editor failed to find, or failed to load, the HPL2 material file associated with the model's textures. As for the gigantic size, that's because 3DS Max-generated DAE files aren't fully supported in the current version of Amnesia.

So, you`re saying that the game cannot find the model even though I specifically told it where to find the model (...amnesiatdd/redist/entities/ltem/lantern/lanternmodel)?
If that is so, what should I do to fix it? Reinstall TDD and Uninstall AMFP?
Smile

Just trollin` forev`a ;D
09-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(09-17-2013, 07:36 PM)TrollingForever Wrote:
Quote:You can't use it in the level editor as far as i know. I tried it and the only thing I could to was to have it as your lantern (when your holding it).
Big Grin

I believe you misunderstood me. The model I placed into the game was a lantern from The Dark Descent, not A Machine For Pigs.
Also, while mentioning AMFP, I installed it yesterday and, as far as I know, this could very well be the problem because, if I remember correctly, the problem did not occur before that. I just do not know what did it cause exactly, but that`s a topic of it`s own.

Quote:The textures aren't showing up because the level editor failed to find, or failed to load, the HPL2 material file associated with the model's textures. As for the gigantic size, that's because 3DS Max-generated DAE files aren't fully supported in the current version of Amnesia.

So, you`re saying that the game cannot find the model even though I specifically told it where to find the model (...amnesiatdd/redist/entities/ltem/lantern/lanternmodel)?
If that is so, what should I do to fix it? Reinstall TDD and Uninstall AMFP?
Smile

Don't worry, FG is making an update for TDD to make all assets from AAMFP compatible with ATDD.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Find
TrollingForever Offline

(09-18-2013, 09:22 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Don't worry, FG is making an update for TDD to make all assets from AAMFP compatible with ATDD.

Ok, thanks! I will keep a lookout on that update, but I just wanted to say that the lantern model I used was from TDD, but somehow the game loaded the lantern from AMFP, so yeah... I guess AMFP started the problem.

Anyway, thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it! Smile Now I can continue my work with AAMFP/ATDD CS (although without the lantern for now xD). Big Grin

Just trollin` forev`a ;D
09-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Website Find