Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Voyager 1 goes Interstellar
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
Voyager 1 goes Interstellar

Apparently, the spacecraft Voyager 1 is now in interstellar space and has left our Solar System.

TBH, this is the moment I've been waiting for. I wanted to see Voyager 1 go Interstellar when I'm alive and that wish is granted.

If you don't know Voyager 1, here is it's details.
Voyager 1, which is part of the Voyager mission with it's sister spacecraft Voyager 2, is launched in 1977 and is still working with some instruments turned off to preserve power.

How did NASA know this? In Voyager 1 and 2, there's a Plasma measuring device. The solar plasma caused by solar winds would decrease and interstellar plasma would increase.
Guess what? It did. Voyager 1 detected it. Voyager 1 is expected to be dead in 2020 as it cannot power any more instruments. Voyager 1 is also expected to be joined in Interstellar space by it's sister ship, Voyager 2.

After 36 long years, this spacecraft is the first ever spacecraft to leave our Solar System and the farthest manmade object.

I'm really happy. I just found out today.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: Voyager 1 goes Interstellar

(09-19-2013, 04:21 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Apparently, the spacecraft Voyager 1 is now in interstellar space and has left our Solar System.

TBH, this is the moment I've been waiting for. I wanted to see Voyager 1 go Interstellar when I'm alive and that wish is granted.
Aren't you a bit young to be thinking about the wishes you want granted before you die?

[Image: p229xcq]
09-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(09-19-2013, 05:22 PM)Chronofrog Wrote:
(09-19-2013, 04:21 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Apparently, the spacecraft Voyager 1 is now in interstellar space and has left our Solar System.

Aren't you a bit young to be thinking about the wishes you want granted before you die?

its all about YOLO

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
09-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Voyager 1, which is part of the Voyager mission with it's sister spacecraft Voyager 2, is launched in 1977 and is still working with some instruments turned off to preserve power.

How did NASA know this? In Voyager 1 and 2, there's a Plasma measuring device. The solar plasma caused by solar winds would decrease and interstellar plasma would increase.
Guess what? It did. Voyager 1 detected it. Voyager 1 is expected to be dead in 2020 as it cannot power any more instruments. Voyager 1 is also expected to be joined in Interstellar space by it's sister ship, Voyager 2.

After 36 long years, this spacecraft is the first ever spacecraft to leave our Solar System and the farthest manmade object.

Technically. Voyager has already been in interstellar space for some years now. NASA was just not completely sure if it had gone outside the system or not at the time.
09-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(09-21-2013, 03:17 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:

Technically. Voyager has already been in interstellar space for some years now. NASA was just not completely sure if it had gone outside the system or not at the time.

Oh. Good thing that Plasma measuring device was there.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Find