Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
randomly generated?
Doomed316 Offline

Threads: 3
randomly generated?

Some guy on the steam forms said something how the game changed during his second play through. I personally didn't see anything different but I could be wrong. The changes the guy notes is doors and gates being locked or closed that were opened before in his first play through.
09-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: randomly generated?

I didn't notice anything different either so far (I haven't finished my second playthrough yet). Did he give any specific example, or posted any screenshot?

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 03:27 AM by Ashtoreth.)
09-20-2013, 03:26 AM
Find
Doomed316 Offline

(09-20-2013, 03:26 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: I didn't notice anything different either so far (I haven't finished my second playthrough yet). Did he give any specific example, or posted any screenshot?

he said that he saw gates and doors that were open during his first play through were locked or changed around. I notice to dome degree in my first play through in cold storage when I had to fetch the canisters to create chemical X to break open the gate door. Though that was a scripted event and was meant to happen because I saw that happen to me again on my second play through. He also said that the pig masked poped up in different places. Maybe monster encounters change too and if this is true then there is hope for replay ability. Though in not sure if HPL2.5 can randomly generate thing considering it might have dome limitations
09-20-2013, 03:35 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(09-20-2013, 03:35 AM)Doomed316 Wrote:
(09-20-2013, 03:26 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: I didn't notice anything different either so far (I haven't finished my second playthrough yet). Did he give any specific example, or posted any screenshot?

he said that he saw gates and doors that were open during his first play through were locked or changed around. I notice to dome degree in my first play through in cold storage when I had to fetch the canisters to create chemical X to break open the gate door. Though that was a scripted event and was meant to happen because I saw that happen to me again on my second play through. He also said that the pig masked poped up in different places. Maybe monster encounters change too and if this is true then there is hope for replay ability. Though in not sure if HPL2.5 can randomly generate thing considering it might have dome limitations

HPL uses Angelscript which can very easily randomize things. Still, I don't think there was anything random in AMFP.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-20-2013, 03:42 AM
Find
Doomed316 Offline

(09-20-2013, 03:42 AM)DamnNoHtml Wrote:
(09-20-2013, 03:35 AM)Doomed316 Wrote:

HPL uses Angelscript which can very easily randomize things. Still, I don't think there was anything random in AMFP.

the Chinese room said something strange in terms of shitying our pants. They said this after someone asked them if the monsters despawn after you die. They said you would shit your pants all over again. If this is true then randomly generated environments and encounters is not impossible
09-20-2013, 03:48 AM
Find