Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Lux Tenebras: Decyphered
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Lux Tenebras: Decyphered

Yeah. You got a point. It sounds a little vampire-ish. Wink

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
09-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

god, if it has anything to do with the god F@$#%King twilight series i will come over to sweden to give frictional a reAl earbashing.

Not an image
09-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

lol, just about all the girls I know talk about that book. It doesn't sound too bad though, but it would probolly suck if it were to be a game of cource...
09-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

Penumbra Wrote:lol, just about all the girls I know talk about that book. It doesn't sound too bad though, but it would probolly suck if it were to be a game of cource...

Tell me about it, OCD (obsessive Cullen Diorder.) God, they say girls are superier to boys. Buuuuullshit, who dribbles over High school musical actors and falls in love with a character in a book?
lol

Not an image
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2008, 07:27 AM by ARes88.)
09-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

I don't think Lux Tenebras will have anything to do with vampires. The vampire days are long gone, just look at the quality of Vampire Rain.
The title means "Light Darkness" anyhow, or so I'd guess. Latin.
The highly suggests that darkness is something bad (obviously). Being engulfed in it means death (eternal silence). "Twilight is death" probably means that being consumed by darkness means death. If I remember it right twilight is both at dawn and dusk. Being consumed by darkness I would describe as a dusklike experience.
My guess it they're doing some supernatural thing, like that game they half-did. Undeath? I'm guessing this darkness either could be something LOST-ish (they've taken plenty of inspiration from LOST earlier), a dark cloud, or simply meaning evil.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
09-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Find
Im_Sexy Offline

Threads: 21

will this game be like Penumbra?
09-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Im_Sexy Wrote:will this game be like Penumbra?

Likely yes. Now that they've done a few technically excellent dark FPS games I hardly think they're going to go happy Fable RPG on us.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
09-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Find
jamhaw Offline

Threads: 30

(09-14-2008, 05:42 PM)Kedjane Wrote: I don't think Lux Tenebras will have anything to do with vampires. The vampire days are long gone, just look at the quality of Vampire Rain.
The highly suggests that darkness is something bad (obviously). Being engulfed in it means death (eternal silence). "Twilight is death" probably means that being consumed by darkness means death. If I remember it right twilight is both at dawn and dusk. Being consumed by darkness I would describe as a dusklike experience.
My guess it they're doing some supernatural thing, like that game they half-did. Undeath? I'm guessing this darkness either could be something LOST-ish (they've taken plenty of inspiration from LOST earlier), a dark cloud, or simply meaning evil.
My theory is that this takes place during the founding of Archaic, or that Archaic is founded because of the events in the game.
12-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35

(12-30-2008, 08:08 PM)jamhaw Wrote: My theory is that this takes place during the founding of Archaic, or that Archaic is founded because of the events in the game.

If I understood well, Lux Tenebras will be set in the 18./19. century.
But there is evidenece, that the the Archaic are a lot more ancient than that...
Here's a summary of facts and a little speculation about them, that I've done earlier :
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2586

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
01-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

(12-30-2008, 08:08 PM)jamhaw Wrote:
(09-14-2008, 05:42 PM)Kedjane Wrote: I don't think Lux Tenebras will have anything to do with vampires. The vampire days are long gone, just look at the quality of Vampire Rain.
My theory is that this takes place during the founding of Archaic, or that Archaic is founded because of the events in the game.

I think it's going to be after the founding of the Archaic. The Archaic was founded in 1519 by Fransesco Melzi and from what I heard earlier it's going to be set in the 19th century. I've got pretty much everything said about them written down in a notepad: by year 2000 they had 30'000 employees in 203 installations which means they grew pretty damn fast.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Find