Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Lux Tenebras: Decyphered
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: Lux Tenebras: Decyphered

(01-01-2009, 06:21 PM)Kedjane Wrote: I think it's going to be after the founding of the Archaic. The Archaic was founded in 1519 by Fransesco Melzi and from what I heard earlier it's going to be set in the 19th century. I've got pretty much everything said about them written down in a notepad: by year 2000 they had 30'000 employees in 203 installations which means they grew pretty damn fast.

Eee-gad ! You're not being serious, are you ? Big Grin: Wink:

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
01-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

Petike is correct, the Archaic does seem to be about 9000 years old...
01-04-2009, 03:54 AM
Find
jamhaw Offline

Threads: 30

Or perhaps they based there calendar on an event in the past perhaps first contact with aliens, or something else signifigant. As they did give a date for there founding less than a millenium ago, I think that it is probably something other than when they were founded.
01-04-2009, 04:10 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

I guess I have missed something then. In what note in Penumbra is the founding date mentioned? Must be in Requiem, which I haven´t played yet.
01-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

(01-04-2009, 03:54 AM)spukrian Wrote: Petike is correct, the Archaic does seem to be about 9000 years old...

No, that's wrong. They were founded 1519 AD, I think it's in Black Plague. Francesco Melzi is an actual historical person who was thought to be Da Vinci's lover. What actually happened (according to the Penumbraverse now) is that Da Vinci taught Melzi lots of secrets he knew, leading to the creating of the Archaic.
One thing mentioned is a flying machine (historically correct, I think Da Vinci did have blueprints for both a flying machine and a submarine) that didn't work... "limited to human materials", suggesting that Da Vinci somehow had contact with aliens, alien technology or something alike.

In a a report by the Chief Attending Xeno Officer (kind of strange, because the one year old staff list doesn't mention one so he/she must have arrived sometime right before the outbreak) it says:
Phase 9, Anno 9002 (Anno Domini 1992)
So their zero would be 7010 years BC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_millennium_BC). That wasn't eventful.
I haven't looked into it but I think it is possible that their Phase/Anno does not equal our Month/Year, although I think I saw something saying it did somewhere in the game. Perhaps it's an Inuit calendar or something.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Find
jamhaw Offline

Threads: 30

(01-04-2009, 01:50 PM)spukrian Wrote: I guess I have missed something then. In what note in Penumbra is the founding date mentioned? Must be in Requiem, which I haven´t played yet.

I didn't find it untill my second playthrough (I haven't played Requiem yet either, waiting for the collection to come out) it is in Black Plague, in a sort of picture frame it looks like a diploma. You need to break it open with a rock or something then you can look at it.
(01-04-2009, 02:57 PM)Kedjane Wrote: In a a report by the Chief Attending Xeno Officer (kind of strange, because the one year old staff list doesn't mention one so he/she must have arrived sometime right before the outbreak) it says:
Phase 9, Anno 9002 (Anno Domini 1992)
So their zero would be 7010 years BC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_millennium_BC). That wasn't eventful.
I haven't looked into it but I think it is possible that their Phase/Anno does not equal our Month/Year, although I think I saw something saying it did somewhere in the game. Perhaps it's an Inuit calendar or something.

I thought that the Chief Attending Xeno officer might have not told everyone, and was being secretive so it could be someone with a different position sent to keep an eye on the place.
01-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Yeah, I remember where it is. It's in a locker room between the computer place and the locked door... the medical place? Beyond the lockers the note is inside a diploma frame and you have to break the glass with a rock that's on the ground in the same room. Once you're in the corridor place where you encounter your second Tuurngait I think you can run straight to it.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Well, that note I have found, but I guess I just didn´t read it thoroughly, or maybe I just forgot the contents of it.

I still think it would´ve been awesome if they had been around since the Ice Age. Big Grin:
01-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Find
Degeim Offline

Threads: 0

Where did this cipher text come from?
The only one I can find about Lux Tenebras is this one:

YNGPPUZFVKJZIDSTCWIZVYIDFYVQOPSBAVJUIUNJVPLIFRMHMZQDFABMNWMMLRYSWAQAZRSXQEDMJWHSG
VJBSFJVTCSVVCPFIMGMUNSOCOQGRRJUCAVIS

Which there is no soulution to yet, right?

I am trying to break it now, but haven't made much progress.

By using some simple scripts, I have decided that it must be shuffled some way; there is not one combination of thress successive letters that is repeated (which means that the text wouldn't contain "the", "and", "for", "are", or any other of the most used three letter words more than once, and I find that hard to believe). Therefore, it must be shuffled!

Any other leads?
01-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Find
RockWorm Offline

Threads: 0

(01-26-2009, 06:34 PM)Degeim Wrote: Where did this cipher text come from?
The only one I can find about Lux Tenebras is this one:

YNGPPUZFVKJZIDSTCWIZVYIDFYVQOPSBAVJUIUNJVPLIFRMHMZQDFABMNWMMLRYSWAQAZRSXQEDMJWHSG
VJBSFJVTCSVVCPFIMGMUNSOCOQGRRJUCAVIS

Which there is no soulution to yet, right?

I am trying to break it now, but haven't made much progress.

By using some simple scripts, I have decided that it must be shuffled some way; there is not one combination of thress successive letters that is repeated (which means that the text wouldn't contain "the", "and", "for", "are", or any other of the most used three letter words more than once, and I find that hard to believe). Therefore, it must be shuffled!

Any other leads?

nope,but I hope you are getting somewhere with this
06-12-2009, 02:47 AM
Find