Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

My Monster Ideas
dragonmaster Offline

Threads: 17
My Monster Ideas

heres some ideas for monsters i wanna use in a game;
What u think?

1. The "Umbra", Same as a dog from penumbra or Doom 3, but with a special lighting twist, Vertices are ONLY visible if that vertice is lit to a certain degree, for example, if they are under a lamp, they are fully visible, if they aren't though, they are entirely invisible, and if they are half in light half out, then they are sort of half-visible. Would be the best scare monster ever, when ur in a dark place standing under a streetlight or somethin and all the sudden this dog seemingly materializes from the dark!

2. Hunter Idea (for penumbra only); May have mentioned this one before; You find a guy and he starts screamin and "his face falls off", and it shows the big hunter mouth and it jumps at you and starts eatin ya.

Other stuff:
Maze Something; A mutant or something, that kills you instantly if it gets you. You are trapped in a large, tall, creepy changing stone maze with it, and you need to escape. If it is near you then your vision goes all red and there is sort of a slight X-ray outline where he is.

What do you think of these?
-dm

EDIT
I deleted some of the more disturbing or odd ideas, and saved the best two Tongue

I like horror games but not the ones that give u nightmares :P
But i like the ones that give you an urge to open every door and drawer that you see for a month :D
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2008, 06:13 AM by napanapa.)
09-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: My Monster Ideas... (warning gorey)

Cool. I have some pretty nasty monster ideas too. Smile

1. Something hanging on the walls, with two long tentacle like arms which it uses to hold it close to the ceiling, in power cables etc. It has 6 teat-like things in it's back, whch pours out blood on the floor.
The creature has a large face, fallen apart of course. With a big, ugly and smelly mouth. The eyes has like shrinked and sunked down just at the same height as the mouth.
It acts like a heart, it beats, and for every beat, it let out a nasty sound, along with the teats pouring blood on the floor.

2. I have some kind of "Stalker" creature. It misses legs, but has arms unusually strong and fast. The head is small and has a long gorey mouth, with a tall tongue that hangs outside. It's chest is skinny and at it's back, it has a huge bag of skin, full of blood and human parts.
Since it misses legs, it's arms are very strong and flexible. And because of this, it is a very talented acrobat, climbing on walls. And when it get you, things will go nasty. But I'm not talking about that. Wink

What do you tthink of those...?

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
09-08-2008, 06:17 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26
RE: My Monster Ideas

Yeah, good ideas, i reckon someone should try and recreate the hunter, would be very cool.

I like the idea where you only see a monster in the very corners of your vision, turn around, and nothing's there. And signs of its presence being things like shadows where there weren't shadows and lights that start blinking out. =) the best monster is one you don't see.

Not an image
09-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Find
Im_Sexy Offline

Threads: 21

Hell, i really like enemies that you can only see their glowing eyes and not the rest. The dogs on overture had them but it was barely noticeable.

1- Some monster with glowing eyes (that you see them in the distance)
Now these guys walk only in dark areas, and even if you use the flashlight, you cant see their full body, and like the spiders, they got scared of the light. Their damage should be hight. Imagine, you entering a corridor with lights, them on the corner you see these eyes going into the darkness, where you are supposed to go.

2- Disappearing enemies
Well its kinda like the glowing eye monster, except this one can be seen and its like a mutant like the hunter. He may appear after a scream and them hes not there again. you them hear some foot/running noises, alerting you that he is around there, and you must run out.

3- Crazy scary monster on a maze
This is like the worm. You are in a section of walls and you must find the way out, being this big monster out there that will kill you with a hit or deal super damage. It must be scary and make lots of noises. You may hide behind some doors but nothing tells you that youre safe there, and this monster may break it down.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2008, 12:50 AM by noctislp.)
09-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Wow, thoes are all good ideas. Lol, I wish I had some to go with them.

Tommy Gun:

I know exatly what you mean, it's fear of the unknown that is the best. You 'know' that there's something out there, you just don't know what. Like in Black Plague, when you jump down from that vent and the zombie runs past really quick, but you dont know what exatly it is yet. That is scarry.

Im_Sexy:

Wow, I just relized. That would of been an awesome idea if in Overturn, they had another monster who also had glowing eyes. Then you'd see they eyes and think, "Oh, its just another dog, I better get out my pick axe." and then it charges at you and its like a mutated zombie thing or something. That would of scarred the heck out of me...
09-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Find
Montana21 Offline

Threads: 0

COOL HORROR GAME IDEA!
Last night i was thinking of an page collection horror game like slender.
TITLE "BOOGIE"
PLOT:
You are the little big brother,you wake up in the midnight by a strange noise like a door closing slowly.you go and see whats going on.
Your little sister was drawing some freaky images of an strange looking boogie man.the boogie man is at least 2,3 meters tall and he is all black with bloody claws and red eyes. as you looking for the pages the boogie man is following you.there is no soundrack playing only the effects of an house and footsteps.when you walking you hear slowly footsteps behind you.if you turn around and look at him he covers his eyes and make spooky noises like laughing or something.he doesnt do anything to you,only if you go near him he will torture you and kill you.the point to the game is to collect all the drawing of your sisters fears,and find the teddybear wich is locked in her room by the boogieman.
OBJECTIVES:
1st mission survive 2nd mission kill the boogieman.

THANKS FOR READING MY IDEA.
if you could make games like this it will be scary ass hell.
Smile
05-07-2014, 07:21 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Quote:10-09-2008 10:02 am

Wow...

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(05-07-2014, 07:21 AM)Montana21 Wrote: COOL HORROR GAME IDEA!
TITLE "BOOGIE"
PLOT:
You are the little big brother,you wake up in the midnight by a strange noise like a door closing slowly.you go and see whats going on.
Your little sister was drawing some freaky images of an strange looking boogie man.the boogie man is at least 2,3 meters tall and he is all black with bloody claws and red eyes. as you looking for the pages the boogie man is following you.there is no soundrack playing only the effects of an house and footsteps.when you walking you hear slowly footsteps behind you.if you turn around and look at him he covers his eyes and make spooky noises like laughing or something.he doesnt do anything to you,only if you go near him he will torture you and kill you.the point to the game is to collect all the drawing of your sisters fears,and find the teddybear wich is locked in her room by the boogieman.
OBJECTIVES:

Smile

You know, you should have made a new thread, not necro-ing an old thread that's almost 6 years.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014, 07:24 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
05-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Goosh, can't even realise how old that thread is.
05-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(05-07-2014, 07:21 AM)Montana21 Wrote: COOL HORROR GAME IDEA!
TITLE "BOOGIE"
PLOT:
OBJECTIVES:

Smile

slenderman v2

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
05-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Find