Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eternium: Sins of the Father [Full Release]
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Eternium: Sins of the Father [Full Release]

(11-14-2013, 07:58 PM)Robosprog Wrote: You are the first person to say it was too dark at any point, haha.

*Slowly raises hand, and wants to add that he had to turn up brightness too at some points*

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
11-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Find
ZurkQyulox Offline

Threads: 1

Awesome gonna try it out right now! Big Grin
11-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

First of all I want to thank you Robosprog for investing your energy and talent into creating Sins of the Father, because I had my decent time while playing Sins of the Father. Thank you, sincerely. I would be waiting for your other projects with great interest, for Mercy of the Mother in particular.

Second I want to say Sins of the Father didn't become my favorite mod. I hope it sounds not aggressive or offensive. The problem is that I didn't experienced anything new, unique, outstanding. Maybe that's my own problem, cause I was expecting for something absolutely innovative, unique and outstanding. Anyway, level design is really nice visually and in terms of gameplay. Story is intriguing from the very beginning to the very end. Horror elements are great; not without some flaws when it's nearly incredible not to die which is not so great. Puzzles are perhaps the weakest point of Sins of the Father, but it didn't freak me out, because puzzles aren't bad, they're just too simple. Conclusively, everything is really nice in general. But something is absent. I do not know what's this exactly, but something is missing. Something is not right in Sins of the Father. Or perhaps everything is too right, there's nothing unexplainable. There's an old proverb that is saying that in every mistake there is something from God. Maybe mistakes is what is missing. Maybe. I do not know in truth.

What I want to point out exceptionally is level design narrative. I presume it was intended to tell the story through environment and details. And it did work out absolutely great. At least for me personally. All those corridors, ruined parts, closets, rooms... etc. Everything wasn't just places for places, everything was telling me a story of what actually happened to Alex father. That approach to level design was indeed outstanding, not unique of course, but truly exceptional. That's a very big fucking win I think, Robosprog. 100% win.

So, thank you, sincerely. And, sincerely once again, I would be waiting for your other projects with great interest. Simply because if Sins of the Father isn't the best Amnesia mod I played, but it did show up your talent and abilities and most importantly your patience and attention to details.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 01:02 AM by Alex Ros.)
01-26-2014, 11:31 PM
Website Find
Zixalf Offline

Threads: 2

Looks promising! Started a playthrough on this CS Smile

Spoiler alert:

Hey, I am on YouTube! Please tell me what you think of my videos!
05-13-2014, 08:42 PM
Website Find
skafast Offline

Threads: 1

Played it. Nice story, awesome lighting, cool mapping, but I found three things that did annoy me a bit in this regard (actual minor things): at the bedroom1 map, some doors open to the corridor while others open to the rooms, it makes no sense architecturally speaking; in that same map there's a piece of wood clipping through the wall (get there, first right, look to the left); lab_cellar map: if I get back there before using the cellar key on the other door, the staircase will be back to its natural position.
06-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Find