Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Well worth a second playthrough
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8
Well worth a second playthrough

I loved the game on the first playthrough, but I have to say that I enjoyed it even more the second time. I would strongly urge all players to give it another go whether you liked it the first time or not. There’s just so much more to experience from doing so and you’ll also go in with your eyes wide open regarding what kind of a game it is.

If you can’t bear to play it again (for whatever reason) then watch an LP of the game on YouTube – my favourite LP by far is from Gopher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ICyr1_7Cc

He not only gives the game the respect it deserves by fully immersing himself in it, but he gives a very good mature commentary (which is also fun and not ‘dry’).
09-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Well worth a second playthrough

I'm definitely thinking of playing it this october for halloween. Feels like I might have missed a few things.
09-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

I enjoy it more every time I play it. It's such a rich, lush world that you'll never fully appreciate it with just one playthrough.

I'm also digging Gopher's Let's Play.
09-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Find
LordGubGub Offline

Threads: 0

I have already started another playthrough, where I will try to focus on understanding the story better. I think I understand most of it, but I'm going to play it through again and again until I fully understand it. And then I'll play it a few more times again and again because, well, I just love this game lol

I agree, Gopher's playthrough is definitely the best. I highly recommend his LP over anyone else's. He's an awesome dude
09-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

I have it on my plans to do a second playthrough as well soon. I'm sure it will be worth it, I'll understand it better now.
09-30-2013, 01:05 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I think Markiplier's playthrough is very good too. Though I can only compare it to tobuscus and pewdie since those are the only other ones I've watched videos of

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
09-30-2013, 01:23 AM
Find
Shambles Offline

Threads: 4

I loved the game, personally. It sucked me in and immersed me so well that I've played it 3 times over now LOL. I love it, I can't understand why so many people can be disappointed. We all agree that it wasn't the same as TDD, but it was very clearly stated early on that AMFP was never supposed to be a full blown game.

And that it's not in any way a direct sequel. I thought AMFP was brilliant, the story threw me for a loop, and at the end I was wrestling with what I was doing. Anyways, I'm glad they did make it a full game, it's a wonderful story. I'll definitely be playing it for years.
09-30-2013, 01:57 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

It was stated early on that it was going to be small but that changed. It is a full blown game

09-30-2013, 02:26 AM
Find
Shambles Offline

Threads: 4

Yes, I know. It was never meant to be, but they turned it into one. Which is why I'm a little disappointed in the backlash from some people.
09-30-2013, 02:30 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

If they release a full game people should be able to critique it as one, even if it wasn't meant to be one at some point.

09-30-2013, 03:02 AM
Find