Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cycles - Released
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34
Cycles - Released

Official ModDB downloads are located at http://www.moddb.com/mods/cycles

[Image: 23752.png]
I legitimately had a dream about the entire plot of this game and I thought it was so damn cool I had to dust off my Amnesia pants and make it a reality.

Story
All you know starting the game is you are a private investigator looking into a recent explosion that happened at a metalwork factory during the early 20th century. Things obviously...develop further from there, but I want the experience to be fresh to everyone since I feel the story is the strongest point of the game.

New things
To fit with the story, I had to modify one of TCR's entities with animations and specific codes. Basically there are police members in the area, and, as a private investigator, you are essentially trespassing if you are snooping around police investigation areas. The police will chase you and throw you out of the building if you are caught or seen.

[Image: AmnesiaTest130927_2013-09-29_16-26-25-77.jpg]

Additionally there are new enemies but they will reveal a portion of the plot so I can't go into more detail about them.

Environments
Cycles features about a 50/50 distribution of fully outdoor and fully indoor environments. This is a lot easier with the new AMFP assets.

[Image: AmnesiaTest130927_2013-09-29_13-36-30-06.jpg]

Sounds
All enemies and entities have custom voices and themes. With two exceptions, all music in the game is custom made.

Other stuff
I've been working on this for about a month, and there is only about an hour of gameplay to show for it. That being said, I'm shooting for around 2 hours of gameplay total which is a lot for one person. Deaths in this game are like Justine in the sense once you die, the game is over and you have to restart. Not only does that intensify survival instincts, but it also elongates the game by making players not just sprint around everywhere and not care.

Finally, here! Have a terribly made trailer with no voicework:

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 04:49 AM by DamnNoHtml.)
09-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Cycles

Working for a month = An hour of gameplay is already insanely efficient work by mod standards Big Grin

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(09-30-2013, 07:33 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Working for a month = An hour of gameplay is already insanely efficient work by mod standards Big Grin

That's usually how I work. I think I have some kind of mild ADD because once I start working on something, I just 7 hours a day nonstop go nuts on it until it's finished, then I can't stand to look at it.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Wow, looks really mysterious and interesting. The environments look like they could use some detail when compared to their size but at the same time I guess you have performance restrictions.

loving the strange monster sounds.
09-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(09-30-2013, 08:38 PM)The Mug Wrote: Wow, looks really mysterious and interesting. The environments look like they could use some detail when compared to their size but at the same time I guess you have performance restrictions.

loving the strange monster sounds.

Most of the scenes are from finished areas aside from the area with the police officer. Can you point to any part in particular that lacked detail? I really don't want plain, lifeless areas!

09-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Just asking, is this part three of the Wake trilogy or something entirely different?

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
10-01-2013, 01:29 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(10-01-2013, 01:29 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Just asking, is this part three of the Wake trilogy or something entirely different?

Completely different.

10-01-2013, 04:43 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

I got excited as soon as I saw the name of the thread author!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
10-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(10-01-2013, 12:37 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Outdoor areas seem a little too flat, and though your varying grass sizes gives off the illusion that it isn't I'd say adding a fair few dirt piles here or sculpting out a landscape in maya/max could work better.

Also, really good to see your back, you certainly inspired me a lot, so I'm really looking forward to what your doing here.

If I owned either of those programs or knew how to model I'd love to. Just doing this all by myself. I know its limited, which sucks, but I have what I have.

10-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Find
Simba Offline

Threads: 1

really like the story and the idea of this story looks great cant wait
10-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Find