Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
How many copies have been sold?
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
How many copies have been sold?

It's almost one month out now and the original Amnesia was a big success with 2 million sales after three years, if I remember right. But what about AMFP?

I understand why people are a bit disappointed, because the devs said it would be even scarier than the original game - and it was not! And then the less interactions which prevent the feeling to play an Amnesia game. But in my opinion it was still a very good game, which is absolutely worth to buy!

But I think it doesn't sell that much as the first game, or do we get some official information?
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 02:05 PM by Googolplex.)
10-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: How many copies have been sold?

I guess Thomas will address this subject in one of his upcoming blog posts. He wrote about TDD's sales exactly one month after release.

10-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

I've wondered the same thing myself - it's completely dropped out of the Steam top 100 sellers list of all game types and can only manage number 32 in the Indie top sellers list on Steam.

I fear that it won't do any better - unlike The Dark Descent (which started off slowly and gained momentum via word of mouth) A Machine For Pigs is apparently reversing the trend of its predecessor by starting off great and rapidly dwindling away in a very short space of time. It's a hell of a shame - I'm sure that many people haven't actually tried it due to 'bad' word of mouth (ie not enough jump scares for those who can't appreciate story and atmosphere.).

I do hope that TCR and Frictional haven't lost any money on this venture given the lengthy development period.
10-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-05-2013, 04:53 PM)Ossie Wrote: (ie not enough jump scares for those who can't appreciate story and atmosphere.).

I'm sorry to go offtopic for a minute, but I'm so tired of hearing this. The only way AMFP got its "spooks" was through jumpscares. Every thing they tried to do to spook the player was loud noises and sudden events. This game had more jumpscares in its collective time than TDD did. Cut this out.
Spoiler below!
I mean ffs, they did a pigmask pop up like the infamous "teleporting naked guy" two times.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 06:09 PM by Statyk.)
10-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(10-05-2013, 06:08 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 04:53 PM)Ossie Wrote: (ie not enough jump scares for those who can't appreciate story and atmosphere.).

I'm sorry to go offtopic for a minute, but I'm so tired of hearing this. The only way AMFP got its "spooks" was through jumpscares. Every thing they tried to do to spook the player was loud noises and sudden events. This game had more jumpscares in its collective time than TDD did. Cut this out.
Spoiler below!
I mean ffs, they did a pigmask pop up like the infamous "teleporting naked guy" two times.
o

I didn't know you disliked the game

[Image: p229xcq]
10-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(10-05-2013, 06:08 PM)Statyk Wrote: I'm sorry to go offtopic for a minute, but I'm so tired of hearing this. The only way AMFP got its "spooks" was through jumpscares. Every thing they tried to do to spook the player was loud noises and sudden events. This game had more jumpscares in its collective time than TDD did. Cut this out.
Spoiler below!

I agree with this, there were a lot more jumpscares and less focus on scary environments/atmosphere/music which was sad. At least amnesia tdd jumpscares were pretty good

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 07:09 PM by Damascus Rose.)
10-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

Yes I really hope FG comments on sale numbers and the AMFP release in general like they did with TDD (one week, one month, one year and two years after release).
10-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

(10-05-2013, 06:43 PM)Chronofrog Wrote: o

I don't know where this is coming from, and I loved AAMFP myself, but saying TDD had more jumpscares is plain wrong in my opinion. TDD had like three or four jumpscares throughout the entire game, what I consider proper jumpscares anyway, while AAMFP seemed to rely on them a lot more.

Not sure what to think about sold copies, to be honest. I think they may end up around the same as TDD? ^^

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
10-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(10-05-2013, 06:43 PM)Chronofrog Wrote: o

To be fair he didn't say that he disliked the game at all, just that there were jumpscares in it.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(10-05-2013, 07:08 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 06:08 PM)Statyk Wrote: I'm sorry to go offtopic for a minute, but I'm so tired of hearing this. The only way AMFP got its "spooks" was through jumpscares. Every thing they tried to do to spook the player was loud noises and sudden events. This game had more jumpscares in its collective time than TDD did. Cut this out.
Spoiler below!

I agree with this, there were a lot more jumpscares and less focus on scary environments/atmosphere/music which was sad. At least amnesia tdd jumpscares were pretty good

I think you're cherry-picking here. Both games are equals in balancing creepy ambience with startling moments.
10-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Find