Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help me.
rightyfan Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Please help me.

So recently I downloaded Mental Memorial, so, I get the file, and I replace all the files in Amensia with the Mental Memorial file. And suddenly Amnesia doesn't work for me. Whenever I open it I can even launch it, the launch button is covered and whiteness and the whole screen blacks. I don't know what the heck is wrong with it but I really want my game back. Is there anyway I can fix it? Sad Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 08:43 PM by Paddy™.)
10-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Please help me.

You can simply reinstall the game, which will replace the original game files. Your savegame files and user settings shouldn't be affected; they're stored in another location on your PC Wink
10-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Find
rightyfan Offline

Now it says can 'Failed to load config file'

(10-05-2013, 07:44 PM)Paddy Wrote: You can simply reinstall the game, which will replace the original game files. Your savegame files and user settings shouldn't be affected; they're stored in another location on your PC Wink

How do I? Omg I think I have been saved.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 07:46 PM by rightyfan.)
10-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

From where did you buy the game? If it's from Steam, you might just need to run the "Verify Game Cache" tool, rather than download/install the entire game again. You can find instructions for this procedure here:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-QEUH-3335

If that doesn't work (i.e. if it doesn't replace the modified files with the originals), simply delete the game files by right-clicking the shortcut in Steam's launcher and selecting "Delete Local Content...", like so:

[Image: f48x7.jpg]

When this is done, install the game again like you did the first time. You can do this by right-clicking the game's name again and selecting "Install Game..." from the menu.

If you bought the game from the Frictional Store, The Humble Store, GOG or on disc you can simply run the installer again like you did when you first installed the game. This will overwrite the game files with the original versions.

If you need any more help don't hesitate to post again Wink
10-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Find
rightyfan Offline

(10-05-2013, 07:58 PM)Paddy Wrote: From where did you buy the game? If it's from Steam, you might just need to run the "Verify Game Cache" tool, rather than download/install the entire game again. You can find instructions for this procedure here:

If that doesn't work (i.e. if it doesn't replace the modified files with the originals), simply delete the game files by right-clicking the shortcut in Steam's launcher and selecting "Delete Local Content...", like so:

When this is done, install the game again like you did the first time. You can do this by right-clicking the game's name again and selecting "Install Game..." from the menu.

If you bought the game from the Frictional Store, The Humble Store, GOG or on disc you can simply run the installer again like you did when you first installed the game. This will overwrite the game files with the original versions.

I have something else to ask you. I just got my game fixed so thank you! But I accidentally deleted the icon on my desktop when I click it and it automatically opens my game, is there a way I can bring it back? Because it's much easier for me to just click it and play besides going to steam and going to amnesia and clicking play. Thank you so much and sorry for all these questions! Wink
10-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(10-05-2013, 08:06 PM)rightyfan Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 07:58 PM)Paddy Wrote: From where did you buy the game? If it's from Steam, you might just need to run the "Verify Game Cache" tool, rather than download/install the entire game again. You can find instructions for this procedure here:

I have something else to ask you. I just got my game fixed so thank you! But I accidentally deleted the icon on my desktop when I click it and it automatically opens my game, is there a way I can bring it back? Because it's much easier for me to just click it and play besides going to steam and going to amnesia and clicking play. Thank you so much and sorry for all these questions! Wink
in the same place you do the "delete local content" thing theres an option to "Create desktop shortcut"
10-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Find
rightyfan Offline

(10-05-2013, 08:08 PM)The Mug Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 08:06 PM)rightyfan Wrote:

in the same place you do the "delete local content" thing theres an option to "Create desktop shortcut"
Oh okay thank you! Big Grin
10-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Find