Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The one-week Environment #2 Finished!
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17
RE: The one-week Environment #2

this sounds like a good idea, i've heard of the first environment challenge and the enviroments where really impressing.Well if it's outdoor then i wouldn't mind participating, two outdoor pics from my mod
Amnesia - In Her memory[Image: Screen_Screenshot_011.jpg][Image: Screen_Screenshot_010.jpg] The map itself took me five days to make. this is the first outdoor map i made. The assets are from a little 5 gb friend named AMFP.

The International Narcotics Traffic
10-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I believe the rules state you have to start and finish the map in one week after this challenge being announced. If you want to participate, you have to start now.

I'm in, btw.

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013, 07:31 PM by Streetboat.)
10-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

(10-08-2013, 07:32 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 07:30 PM)Streetboat Wrote: I believe the rules state you have to start and finish the map in one week after this challenge being announced. If you want to participate, you have to start now.

I'm in, btw.

Yeah, this, basically - nice pictures though!

Thanks sprog.

i'm gonna go start my new outdoor map. its part of the mod so thats a bonus.

10-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Oh I am definitely in! Forget the mid-terms, I'm mapping >:D

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
10-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I'll participate Big Grin Time to start a terrain!

On another note - Two things to consider for the next challenge:
1) The time taken is arbitrary and without meaning as the main goal is to create something pushing the limits of 'a good environment'. The time limit is merely there to announce when 'the next theme' of mapping starts.

2) Moar time!

With that said, I'm not arranging this, so consider this merely as tips for the next challenge.

Good luck everyone!

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(10-08-2013, 08:13 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 08:04 PM)Acies Wrote: I'll participate Big Grin Time to start a terrain!

On another note - Two things to consider for the next challenge:
1) The time taken is arbitrary and without meaning as the main goal is to create something pushing the limits of 'a good environment'. The time limit is merely there to announce when 'the next theme' of mapping starts.

2) Moar time!

With that said, I'm not arranging this, so consider this merely as tips for the next challenge.

Good luck everyone!

Fair enough, though I reckon putting pressure on people tends to improve peoples productivity.
Which would be invaluable for -some- *GLARES AT HARDARM*

So.. outside as in can see the sky? (so caves are a no =P) I'll give it a go ^^

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013, 08:29 PM by 7heDubz.)
10-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Okay, I need to know a few things for the level:

-Is it okay to use a full conversion?
-Is it okay to modify shaders to get a more suitable look?
-Is it okay to use texture techniques which are, typically, only in 3D programs?
-What time of the day should it be?
-Is it okay to use custom particles?
-You say we have to share any model or thing we use. How do we know an asset is from me and not from Traggey, for example?
-It's outdoor, yeah. Does it matter if it's just a precious place, like an enourmous field (Reference1 , Reference2 ), or a place like hell?
-Does it have to be completely natural, or can there be buildings and stuff?

That's all.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(10-08-2013, 08:58 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 08:47 PM)The chaser Wrote: Okay, I need to know a few things for the level:

-Is it okay to use texture techniques which are, typically, only in 3D programs?
-You say we have to share any model or thing we use. How do we know an asset is from me and not from Traggey, for example?
-It's outdoor, yeah. Does it matter if it's just a precious place, like an enourmous field (Reference1 , Reference2 ), or a place like hell?

That's all.

- Yes
- Yes and yes, but share how you did/what you did, no point keeping it all to yourself!
- Up to you!
- Because we can ask traggey! Big Grin, but I'm certain we can figure it out, and if not you can still use others, just credit them, and if you dont credit/lie about.. well, that's just pretty douchebaggy behaviour.
- The only real requirement is outdoor, but I'm certain that hell is straying a fair bit far from the subject due to massive differences (though if you think it's still mostly outdoor go for it!), however you could certainly create some outlandish places as long as it's outdoor and visibly so.
- Can have buildings etc, it just has to be outside. Example, mine is a ruin situated in a huge valley/forest place.

Hell, in my opinion, is underrated: With "hell" I meant these kind of outdoor hellish places, which appear in The Elder Scrolls IV:

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/ima..._Realm.png

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20...onOrig.jpg

Oh, an extra question: Can we post two screenshots?

When all the questions are answered, I'll get to the work, right at the moment: I'll be happy to be a part of this Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013, 09:50 PM by The chaser.)
10-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

(10-08-2013, 09:44 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
Spoiler below!
[Image: 7629DF55ED827954133873295B772D3D2D94EFCD]
Some progress on mine, a lot of word needs to be done on billboards and surrounding environment.

(10-08-2013, 09:43 PM)The chaser Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 08:58 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 08:47 PM)The chaser Wrote: Okay, I need to know a few things for the level:

That's all.

- Yes
- Yes and yes, but share how you did/what you did, no point keeping it all to yourself!
- Up to you!
- Because we can ask traggey! Big Grin, but I'm certain we can figure it out, and if not you can still use others, just credit them, and if you dont credit/lie about.. well, that's just pretty douchebaggy behaviour.
- The only real requirement is outdoor, but I'm certain that hell is straying a fair bit far from the subject due to massive differences (though if you think it's still mostly outdoor go for it!), however you could certainly create some outlandish places as long as it's outdoor and visibly so.
- Can have buildings etc, it just has to be outside. Example, mine is a ruin situated in a huge valley/forest place.

Hell, in my opinion, is underrated: With "hell" I meant these kind of outdoor hellish places, which appear in The Elder Scrolls IV:

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/ima..._Realm.png

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20...onOrig.jpg

Oh, an extra question: Can we post two screenshots?
Yes, you can. And try it, if you want! Those do seem pretty outdoory, so go ahead. I more of thought as Tartarus when you spoke of hell.

Hell is only a word... the reality is much much worse.

10-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(10-08-2013, 09:49 PM)gREY Wrote: Hell is only a word... the reality is much much worse.

This meaning I was explaining:

"In many mythological, folklore and religious traditions, hell is a place of eternal torture and punishment in an afterlife"

-Wikipedia

This is reality:

"a place of eternal torture and punishment in an afterlife"

As you can see, there isn't much difference.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
10-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Find