Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scripting Question
saito100 Offline

Threads: 8
Question  Scripting Question

I'm basically wondering if there's anyway possible that I can make it so in my cs it's able to load a map save? Not just load a map, but be able to load a save file from ("C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Amnesia\Main\Profile\custom\cs_name"). Thank you! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 04:58 PM by saito100.)
10-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Scripting Question

I would love to help you with this question, but I don't know the answer to it myself. If you post your question here in the Development Support section (rather than just the development section), you'll get a lot more help. It also keeps the forum looking tidy and the mods/admins happy :p

As for attempting to answer your question: I'm pretty sure (maybe 75% confident) that they automatically load saves from the CS played/saved. You could actually test this out by choosing "Save & Exit" instead of just "Exit" when you leave one of your maps, then try loading it.

I hope that helps a bit :)

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 12:23 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
10-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Scripting Question

You mean, force the loading of a save?

If so, then no. Even if it were possible, it would be pointless without the ability to restore the save. Only the user can manually load a save file.

If not and you meant to have all saves located at that spot, then that happens automatically for regular custom stories. You just have to, as stated, have the ability to "save and exit."

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-10-2013, 06:08 AM
Website Find