Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Skycube issue
GoreGrinder99 Offline

Threads: 47
Skycube issue

Well, I have me a nice outside level and a skycube which I plan to use but... The map and the skycube are completely off leveled. What I mean is, my map level materials are significantly higher than the floor base of the cube. The map is in the very center of the cube. I have lowered the map to a whopping -10,000 and it still appears to be in the center of the cube.

How would I go about making the map leveled with the base of the skycube?

-Grind to the Gore-
10-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Skycube issue

(10-10-2013, 03:30 PM)GoreGrinder99 Wrote: Well, I have me a nice outside level and a skycube which I plan to use but... The map and the skycube are completely off leveled. What I mean is, my map level materials are significantly higher than the floor base of the cube. The map is in the very center of the cube. I have lowered the map to a whopping -10,000 and it still appears to be in the center of the cube.

You can't change it to be in the base of the skybox, as the sky isn't really a cube wrapped in the level, is just a cube that moves with the player (If I'm not mistaken)

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

(10-10-2013, 04:29 PM)The chaser Wrote:
(10-10-2013, 03:30 PM)GoreGrinder99 Wrote: Well, I have me a nice outside level and a skycube which I plan to use but... The map and the skycube are completely off leveled. What I mean is, my map level materials are significantly higher than the floor base of the cube. The map is in the very center of the cube. I have lowered the map to a whopping -10,000 and it still appears to be in the center of the cube.

You can't change it to be in the base of the skybox, as the sky isn't really a cube wrapped in the level, is just a cube that moves with the player (If I'm not mistaken)

I guess I could make a large enough static object cube for the desired effect I want.

(10-10-2013, 04:36 PM)GoreGrinder99 Wrote:

I guess I could make a large enough static object cube for the desired effect I want.

I have another question. I have a wall texture which I have set to the standard 2048x2048, the size of a static wall piece. The thing is, I have it as a material and when I scale it to 4x4, it isn't scaled to the appropriate size - it repeats the pattern even though I'm sure it's large enough to fit a 4x4 tile. I have changed the image size and this doesn't help. Is there a way to change the scaling or tiling or whatever so I can get the material to scale to the right size I want without repeating?

-Grind to the Gore-
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 04:55 PM by GoreGrinder99.)
10-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

I have another question. I have a wall texture which I have set to the standard 2048x2048, the size of a static wall piece. The thing is, I have it as a material and when I scale it to 4x4, it isn't scaled to the appropriate size - it repeats the pattern even though I'm sure it's large enough to fit a 4x4 tile. I have changed the image size and this doesn't help. Is there a way to change the scaling or tiling or whatever so I can get the material to scale to the right size I want without repeating?
[/quote]

Planes don't work that way: Click the plane and go to the last subpanel (Primitive or Plane, I don't remain now) and there should be an option to specify the tiling Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 07:26 PM by The chaser.)
10-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

(10-10-2013, 07:25 PM)The chaser Wrote:

Planes don't work that way: Click the plane and go to the last subpanel (Primitive or Plane, I don't remain now) and there should be an option to specify the tiling Smile
[/quote]

Ah, good man, thank you, I over looked that tab.

-Grind to the Gore-
10-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Always glad to help Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
10-10-2013, 09:05 PM