Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make me a monster?
JbobEEjo43 Offline

Threads: 1
Make me a monster?

Hey guys! this is my first thread on the forums!
Anyways, I'm making a custom story in Amnesia: The Dark Decent, and i need some one to make me a custom monster with animations, hunt and chase music (doesn't have to be custom). Here's what I'm looking for...

I need a prison warden/guard type of monster. I want it to look sorta similar to the brute, but not too similar. I want it to have one of it's arms holding a huge mace and attack with it. I want it to have a face with a knife in one of its eyes (nothing really specific with the face, just make it look scary Big Grin). I'd like Skin boiled like it's been burned, with dark, blue, but realistic looking color. Also you can (instead of a mace) give it a spinning blade of sorts (optional, but not both). I want it to have a ripped up, bloody bullet proof vest and other damaged and ripped up, heavy duty clothing.

Whoever makes me one i like will be credited in the CS, and given a giant cookie Smile
10-11-2013, 01:36 AM
Find
Reminiscity Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Make me a monster?

Sounds like a cool monster Smile But don't get your hopes up too much. There's ALOT of work in modeling and animating a monster so there's not a very big chance that someone will do this for you.

But it never hurts to ask Smile

My mod Amadeus
10-11-2013, 01:52 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

(10-11-2013, 01:36 AM)JbobEEjo43 Wrote: Whoever makes me one i like will be credited in the CS, and given a giant cookie Smile
I don't believe that's how it works my friend.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
10-11-2013, 03:06 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

*waves magic wand* Poof! You are a monster.

But seriously:
(10-11-2013, 01:52 AM)Reminiscity Wrote: Sounds like a cool monster Smile But don't get your hopes up too much. There's ALOT of work in modeling and animating a monster so there's not a very big chance that someone will do this for you.
But it never hurts to ask Smile
What this good sir/madam said. Although you're much more likely to have a volunteer if the modeler sees promise in your story. No one wants to put in that much work and then see the CS cancelled or turn out really bad, so prove that you've made progress first - heck, I'd say complete the game using brutes and ask after that for the custom monster if the brute is really killing your story. That way, you can send the modeler your story and say 'look, I've already put in all the work to release this story, and a custom monster by you would be very beneficial'.

And, in the words of dear Traggey (or whoever made this picture - I just found it in one of Traggey's posts) :
[Image: supersimplemodel.jpg#]

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013, 05:04 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
10-11-2013, 04:47 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Yeah, modeling a proper monster, if made quickly, we could the modeling in about 2 days for the high poly, as for the low poly that'd take atleast one more day, then UV mapping would take say atleast another 4 hours of work.

Now off to texturing, this could add one or two more days of work.

Rigging! Easily another day of work.

Making the animations, ATLEAST another four days?

Pretty much.
10-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Then of course we need to consider that people have their own things to do or work on, and therefore wont have the time to do the monster all day, and some days not at all, so it would easily end up at 15 - 30 days or more passing.

And even if you found a hobbyist or something that do have the time to work on it most of the day, you would have to consider that they are most likely not as efficient or fast working as proffesionals like say Traggey, and most of these things could therefore easily end up taking twice as long for them, getting us back up at those 15- 30 days.

Then theres the time spend exporting and setting up the enemy of course, I know HPL2 is being updated but I doubt it will be anywhere near easy to get working, because its HPL2 ya know.

In short its a lot of work.
10-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Find