Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Reviews
Sir Geoff of Vader Offline

Threads: 1
Custom Story Reviews

Hey, my name's Owen Jones and I'm going to be posting reviews of mods, primarily Custom Stories, on a (hopefully) regular basis. If you've made or know of any CS's you'd like to hear someone's opinion on then I'd be happy to do so!
I'm going to be posting them on a blog called No Work, All Play where I've already reviewed White Night as that seemed like a good place to begin (though I'm interested in more obscure choices in the future). They certainly aren't taken too seriously and the blog doesn't really have any following, so don't expect any kind of publicity. I just thought that after slaving away at a mod people might like to read a full, heartfelt opinion on their creation.
So if you have any recommendations for a Custom Story to play/review, or any mod for that matter, just reply to this thread or send me an email (link below) or whatever.

Owen Jones
10-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Find
SchnidlersLeest Offline

RE: Custom Story Reviews

Hey Owen,

I think this is a great idea. Smile Doing reviews for for Amnesia custom stories and mods is something that has been on my mind for a while now. Sharing in-depth reviews seems like a fun activity we could do for threads, and potentially people know more precisely what to do when they're developing their own mods/CS.
10-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

WOW I checked the White Night review..

Its not everyone who gets to have their mod/custom story reviewed so extreme.

Lots of infomation and explanation.
Really good, we need to give this guy a chance on the forum i guess!
Looks great!
Well. Maybe you could try Mental memorial (As you could probably guess, that's my Full Conversion mod)
Well. Link is here :
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mental-memorial

EDITED BY me from help or The Mug... Wink hehehee, Stupid me, typing too fast Wink
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2013, 05:47 PM by DnALANGE.)
10-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(10-22-2013, 09:29 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: Isn't everyone want to have their story \ mod being revieuwed that extreme!
WOW checked the White Night revieuw..
So much infomation and explanation.
Really good, we need to give this guy a change on the forum i guess!
Looks great!
Well. Maybe try Mental memorial { as you could guess, that's my Full Conversion }
Link is here :

Looks great!
Well. Maybe you could try Mental memorial (As you could probably guess, that's my Full Conversion mod)

Tried to make your comment a bit more readable, dont know if I got the first sentence right it was pretty messed up.
10-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(10-22-2013, 09:29 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: Isn't everyone want to have their story \ mod being revieuwed that extreme!

Well to be completely fair, one of the reason White Night was able to garner such an informative review is because it was so large, and expansive at least compared to normal Amnesia mods.

If you try doing it with some of the smaller ones you couldn't really write that much, because usually there's just not that much to talk about.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(10-22-2013, 12:13 PM)The Mug Wrote:
Really good, we need to give this guy a change on the forum i guess!
Looks great!
Well. Maybe try Mental memorial { as you could guess, that's my Full Conversion }
Link is here :

Looks great!

Tried to make your comment a bit more readable, dont know if I got the first sentence right it was pretty messed up.

LOL... yeah my english is ok, just type things too fast Tongue
Changed it , check yourself what a great english grammer there is now Wink
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2013, 05:48 PM by DnALANGE.)
10-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Find

(10-21-2013, 10:48 PM)SchnidlersLeest Wrote: Hey Owen,

I think this is a great idea. Smile Doing reviews for for Amnesia custom stories and mods is something that has been on my mind for a while now. Sharing in-depth reviews seems like a fun activity we could do for threads, and potentially people know more precisely what to do when they're developing their own mods/CS.

Thanks, I wasn't actually expecting much feedback, but great to know you enjoyed it!

(10-22-2013, 09:29 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: WOW I checked the White Night review..

Looks great!
Well. Link is here :

EDITED BY me from help or The Mug... Wink hehehee, Stupid me, typing too fast Wink

Defiantly, my aim was to review peoples CS giving feedback and hopefully start some sort of community. You're next on my list, I've just been over-whelmed these past few days. I'm downloading the mod now and look forward to playing it!

(10-22-2013, 12:27 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:

Well to be completely fair, one of the reason White Night was able to garner such an informative review is because it was so large, and expansive at least compared to normal Amnesia mods.

If you try doing it with some of the smaller ones you couldn't really write that much, because usually there's just not that much to talk about.

True, that was one of the reasons why I chose to start with White Night. I'll still try to give as much detail as I can, and I'll try to keep them all around that length if I can (that's around 2-3 hours work so I may find I end up writing shorter ones in future). I did, however, play a relatively short mod called Obscurity (no, really) and I have quite a lot to say about that, so you never know...
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2013, 08:40 PM by Sir Geoff of Vader.)
10-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Defiantly, my aim was to review peoples CS giving feedback and hopefully start some sort of community. You're next on my list, I've just been over-whelmed these past few days. I'm downloading the mod now and look forward to playing it!
-
Awesome!
Hope you could enjoy it!
If not played, ENJOY Wink
10-25-2013, 02:25 AM
Find

(10-25-2013, 02:25 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: Defiantly, my aim was to review peoples CS giving feedback and hopefully start some sort of community. You're next on my list, I've just been over-whelmed these past few days. I'm downloading the mod now and look forward to playing it!
-
Awesome!
Hope you could enjoy it!
If not played, ENJOY Wink

I'm sure I will!

(10-24-2013, 10:24 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Just read your review - really good stuff, very entertaining.
Also, your title is fucking great. I love the shining.

Anyway, if you wish too I'd love to see your view on Sins of the Father when it's released (only a week and a bit away), either way - keep up the great work.

Defiantly, I'll look forward to its release. I'm doing the blog with a friend who reviews triple-A titles and he's a big Shining fan as well, so the name just stuck.
Good luck with releasing Sins of the Father by the way, I'll keep my eye out for it...
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 03:59 PM by Sir Geoff of Vader.)
10-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Find