Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: City Of Souls
thomthom44 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Amnesia: City Of Souls

Direcly from the MODDB News feed
The mod is coming along nicely and I'm realizing i need help to improve the mod. Not just to release it sooner, But to help making this mod to be among the best. And that wont be done on my own. I would love to have more than just my self on this project. I really want to bring out the best out of it and show that almost everything is possible with the HPL engine. I'm looking for the following:
  • Scripters (High priority)
  • Voice acters (High priority)
  • Beta testers
  • Mappers
  • Lightning artists

Scripters
People who have done custom stories before or are experienced are welcome. Show me your best work and you are on the team. However, Scripting is the last phase of the mod and would need to wait till the beginning of 2014.

Voice actors
Just like the Scripters, Voice actors are needed later on. as dialogs could change in the mapping phase. I'm looking for 2 male actors who can really create emotional voices. There wont be allot of dialog, But because of that it needs to be perfect. When the time is there I will invite a hand full and choose the best.

Beta testers
Beta testers will be able to play the game earlier but with bugs and glitches, Your job will be to test the game and find problems. Not only am I looking for players to find bugs. I also will need to have a few look at the scripts and Story board and together with me we will adjust/ refine the story to make sure I'm not missing gaps and unoriginal parts. Beta tests will start early 2014. If you want to help refine the story feel free to ask.

Mappers/ lightning artists
I'm doing fine on my own, Its just allot of work and we could discus the events in the map and what could be changed. You may create your own ideas but always with my approval. And regular screenshot/world.map downloads true Skype would be needed to let me know the progress. Mappers are welcome to join at any moment.

[Image: moty-125.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 11:06 PM by thomthom44.)
11-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Website Find
Xander512 Offline

Threads: 4

What did you make the document with? It looks very old and authentic!
11-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Find
thomthom44 Offline

(11-21-2013, 08:24 AM)Xander512 Wrote: What did you make the document with? It looks very old and authentic!

Pretty simple actually. I searched an old looking empty paper on Google plus a wrinkled paper. The wrinkled paper was set to 33% transparantie . And used Traveling _Typewriter Font for text. The signature is fake. I also searched some old WW2 documents to use as reference.

11-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

You can count with me to be a beta tester Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Find
thomthom44 Offline

(11-21-2013, 09:05 PM)The chaser Wrote: You can count with me to be a beta tester Smile

Thanks Wink, Still needs alot of work. But il let you know when.
Updated the Mod details

11-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Website Find
thomthom44 Offline

I like where this is going... Stil needs alot of work. A nice project for this week. Almost the whole scene wil be custom, Oh and btw. The textures wil be edited with the objects sen below. It looks way to clean haha. Reducing the scpec on those!

Spoiler below!
[Image: e98j.jpg]

11-24-2013, 01:46 AM
Website Find
Xander512 Offline

(11-24-2013, 01:46 AM)thomthom44 Wrote: I like where this is going... Stil needs alot of work. A nice project for this week. Almost the whole scene wil be custom, Oh and btw. The textures wil be edited with the objects sen below. It looks way to clean haha. Reducing the scpec on those!

Spoiler below!
[Image: e98j.jpg]

Very nice!

Will you be allowing people to download those models, by chance?
11-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Find
thomthom44 Offline

Quote:Very nice!

Absolutly, Most of the models have simple textures so they can be changed the way you want. Like the wall tiles. I wil include a Read me for people who are not familiar with texturing so they can make there own paterns. But you can also just use mine thats not a problem hah.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 12:07 PM by thomthom44.)
11-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Website Find
Xander512 Offline

(11-24-2013, 12:07 PM)thomthom44 Wrote:
Quote:Very nice!

Absolutly, Most of the models have simple textures so they can be changed the way you want. Like the wall tiles. I wil include a Read me for people who are not familiar with texturing so they can make there own paterns. But you can also just use mine thats not a problem hah.

Do you think you could upload those models sometime soon? They would be fantastic in my custom story, I'd be sure to credit you.
11-25-2013, 06:05 AM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

Those wall sets and others will really help me in my secret project mod... i can't say much but you will be a special thanks credit.

The International Narcotics Traffic
11-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Find