Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light issue
Efendi Offline

Threads: 7
Light issue

Hi, i have an issue with the light in my custom story.

I have one boxlight, that covers the whole room, with the colors of 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0. And a point light, with the colors of 0.15, 0.15, 0.3, 0.

Here's the problem:

When i open the map in game, sometimes, the light shows properly, but then there is times, when the light is not showing whatsoever, seems like the light is not active or something. I have tried to put new box and point lights, but the issue still persists.

I have tried to quit the game, and try over, but it is all random, sometimes the light works, but then sometimes it is not active.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks Smile

EDIT: Topic edited to light, before i had lightning, which is another word, sry Smile

I realized that this post is not in the right subforum, can't delete this post for some reason. Hopefully this will be moved to the right subforum.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2013, 11:21 AM by Efendi.)
10-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Light issue

Your boxlight's Alpha should be 1, I remember 0 turning it off...

What is your boxlight's dimensions?
10-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Find
Efendi Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Light issue

(10-30-2013, 03:16 PM)Rapture Wrote: Your boxlight's Alpha should be 1, I remember 0 turning it off...

What is your boxlight's dimensions?

Hey, thanks for the answer!

I already figured the issue out. I forgot to mention that i had a window in this particular room, where i had a spotlight. Somehow, the spotlight and the pointlight "collided". I adjusted the placement of the point and spotlight, and adjusted the radius, and like a miracel, the lights worked. I haven't seen this issue after i did this.

My alpha color was at 0, and i haven't changed that.

But, thanks for the answer again! I guess this thread can be closed.
10-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Find