Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What hides between Shadow and Light?
Bloody_Eugene Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What hides between Shadow and Light?

(08-16-2009, 03:10 PM)spukrian Wrote: Please comment...

It's great!!!! Useful indeed - all informations in only one page!!
And you did great job to make it clear to the reader! I'm definitely using this to work! Thank you very much!Wink:

If you don't mind, i spent almost all day on a "letter calculator", and I decided to put it on the second page when you insert the letter calculation sheet. I also made a "MOD 9 calculator", put it in the same page.Smile:
Thank you again, I hope we made an useful utility even for other people!Rolleyes
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2009, 07:18 PM by hardyn.)
08-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

(08-16-2009, 07:03 PM)Bloody_Eugene Wrote: It's great!!!! Useful indeed - all informations in only one page!!
And you did great job to make it clear to the reader! I'm definitely using this to work! Thank you very much!Wink:

If you don't mind, i spent almost all day on a "letter calculator", and I decided to put it on the second page when you insert the letter calculation sheet. I also made a "MOD 9 calculator", put it in the same page.Smile:
Thank you again, I hope we made an useful utility even for other people!Rolleyes
In fact, thank you! Your calculator is quite cool! I think it will be very helpful!

I´m gonna brainstorm some more now and see if I can figure soemthing out.
08-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Find
mmammel Offline

Threads: 1

(08-16-2009, 07:03 PM)Bloody_Eugene Wrote: If you don't mind, i spent almost all day on a "letter calculator", and I decided to put it on the second page when you insert the letter calculation sheet. I also made a "MOD 9 calculator", put it in the same page.Smile:

Looks good. A simple function to convert letters to numbers is:
if a letter is in cell A1 for example
=CODE(A1)
will give the ASCII value of the letter. If its a capital letter, just subtract 65 to get a range of 0-25
to get back to a letter from a number
=CHAR(B1+65)
if B1 contains a number 0-25
the mod function is:
=MOD(B3,26)
for mod 26.
08-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Find
Bloody_Eugene Offline

(08-17-2009, 07:27 PM)mmammel Wrote: Looks good. A simple function to convert letters to numbers is:
if a letter is in cell A1 for example
=CODE(A1)
will give the ASCII value of the letter. If its a capital letter, just subtract 65 to get a range of 0-25
to get back to a letter from a number
=CHAR(B1+65)
if B1 contains a number 0-25
the mod function is:
=MOD(B3,26)
for mod 26.

Thank you! If only I had known! Tongue:
Ok, but now I'm not doing the stuff all again...It was my first excel project, and it was quite hard to made...Rolleyes
...but way easier than the enigma! Big Grin:
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2009, 07:51 PM by hardyn.)
08-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Well, I´ve played around in Excel for several days but I haven´t figured anything out.

I keep thinking about the text:
Quote:These hole digging critters have a population that increase rapidly. There must be some way to track this development and make the infestation come to an end.

Some questions:

1. What are the "hole digging creatures"? I read through the thread and here are what has been suggested:

*Rock Worms
*Rabbits
*Rats
*Wilbur Frisk
*A metaphor for bugs in the program
*Ants (<- not sure if this has been suggested before but I just thought of it anyway)

2. How do we "track this development"? Does this refer to the encryption in the puzzle? Is there a track to follow?

3. How do we "make the infestation come to an end"? My answer: Presumably by solving the puzzle.
08-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Find
mmammel Offline

(08-19-2009, 03:40 PM)spukrian Wrote: 1. What are the "hole digging creatures"? I read through the thread and here are what has been suggested:

2. How do we "track this development"? Does this refer to the encryption in the puzzle? Is there a track to follow?

3. How do we "make the infestation come to an end"? My answer: Presumably by solving the puzzle.

1. Rabbits -- a clue to the Fibonacci sequence
2. By using the Fibonacci sequence -- it describes the population expansion of the rabbits.
3. Not sure what he means by that... maybe solving the next number in the two sequences....

So that anagrammed text was all to point us to using the Fibonacci sequence.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2009, 04:01 PM by KaZz.)
08-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Find
mmammel Offline

I have solved the cipher -- just some variation of what we have discussed. I don't yet have any idea of how to answer though.....
(08-19-2009, 07:53 PM)mmammel Wrote: I have solved the cipher -- just some variation of what we have discussed. I don't yet have any idea of how to answer though.....

OK, I figured out what to submit and I got... a picture. Hmmm, what do I do with it, LOL.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2009, 08:04 PM by KaZz.)
08-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Find
Bloody_Eugene Offline

(08-19-2009, 07:53 PM)mmammel Wrote: OK, I figured out what to submit and I got... a picture. Hmmm, what do I do with it, LOL.

WOW:mrgreen:
You're the first!!!!!!
Great!!!!Big Grin:
You did it!!!
I'm so happy! Tongue:
Big Grin

Hope our excel was useful TongueRolleyes
I PM you! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2009, 10:29 PM by hardyn.)
08-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Hey, congratulations!

Now maybe this is just me, but I still want to try to solve it myself. So please don´t post the solution in the thread! At least not yet...
08-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Find
mmammel Offline

(08-19-2009, 10:06 PM)spukrian Wrote: Hey, congratulations!

Now maybe this is just me, but I still want to try to solve it myself. So please don´t post the solution in the thread! At least not yet...

OK, I will not post solution, but I can post some clues/clarifications over time if people want.

Bloody_Eugene -- I cannot reply to your PM because you have PM disabled I think...

_M
08-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Find