Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overwritten files in Amnesia folder, Title Screen is wrong
Psycho Snail Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Overwritten files in Amnesia folder, Title Screen is wrong

(11-11-2013, 11:03 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote:
(11-11-2013, 10:42 PM)Psycho Snail Wrote: I have been having a similar problem for quite some time now (I accidentally overwrote the main files), so how do I uninstall then re-install Amnesia?
Thanks

Hi,

You mean on Steam, right? Open your Steam Library, right-click "Amnesia: The Dark Descent", select "Delete Local Content..." and click "Delete". After the removal is finished, go to the game folder on your computer (Steam\SteamApps\common\Amnesia The Dark Descent) and manually delete the remaining files.
To reinstall the game, go back to your Steam Library and click "Install".

No, I downloaded my copy off the Frictional Games website, but do the same rules apply?
12-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Overwritten files in Amnesia folder, Title Screen is wrong

(12-05-2013, 12:57 AM)Psycho Snail Wrote: No, I downloaded my copy off the Frictional Games website, but do the same rules apply?

In that case, go to Start Menu > All Programs > Amnesia - The Dark Descent, and select "Uninstall Amnesia". After the game is uninstalled, to remove the overwritten files you have to manually delete the "Amnesia - The Dark Descent" folder.

If you want to keep your game saves, do not delete the Amnesia folder from My Documents / Documents Library.

Do you still have the ZIP archive that contains the game installer? If you don't, you will have to re-download the file from the Frictional Games Shelf in order to reinstall the game.

12-05-2013, 01:49 AM
Find