Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Idea: Unofficial Frictional Games Podcast
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Idea: Unofficial Frictional Games Podcast

...where'd everybody go? o.o

11-05-2013, 02:49 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

BOO! I was hiding in this thread all along!

I agree with Wooderson, the technical aspects need to be figured out before we even start.

I'm thinking Skype conference calls or Google Hangouts between hosts/guests would be the easiest way of doing it. As far as I know, Skype charges for a premium in order to for their conference calling features to become available, whereas Google Hangouts doesn't. The less we need to spend the better haha. Any other ideas about where everyone can congregate?

For sections of the podcast which don't involve conversations - such as the intro, outro, news, updates, etc., it might be easier (and more "forgiving" for the host) to record those independently/off air, so they can be scripted or at least rehearsed. Like "this is the interview we conducted with Kreekakon on the 15th about his latest custom story" and then play the recording of the interview. What do you guys think about that? Abraxas, would you prefer it this way or would you rather it had a more conversational, "live" feel? Do you have any specific ideas which would make you more comfortable, or would suit your style more?
11-05-2013, 03:28 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

(11-05-2013, 03:28 AM)Paddy™ Wrote: BOO! I was hiding in this thread all along!

[Image: surprised-gasp.png]

Quote:I agree with Wooderson, the technical aspects need to be figured out before we even start.

I'm thinking Skype conference calls or Google Hangouts between hosts/guests would be the easiest way of doing it. As far as I know, Skype charges for a premium in order to for their conference calling features to become available, whereas Google Hangouts doesn't. The less we need to spend the better haha. Any other ideas about where everyone can congregate?

For sections of the podcast which don't involve conversations - such as the intro, outro, news, updates, etc., it might be easier (and more "forgiving" for the host) to record those independently/off air, so they can be scripted or at least rehearsed. Like "this is the interview we conducted with Kreekakon on the 15th about his latest custom story" and then play the recording of the interview. What do you guys think about that? Abraxas, would you prefer it this way or would you rather it had a more conversational, "live" feel? Do you have any specific ideas which would make you more comfortable, or would suit your style more?

I haven't tried Google hangouts, I'll check it out. As for other places, it sounds like Skype or Google would be the top contenders (at least as far as reliability goes).
Scripted and rehearsed is better for me. I'm going to try and jump in on the Skype conversations so I can hopefully overcome my nerves a bit.
I could probably work up to a live interview that way.
Haven't had time to think much about this, and I need to make sure my ancient computer is going to handle it.

11-06-2013, 04:53 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(11-06-2013, 04:53 AM)Abraxas Wrote: I haven't tried Google hangouts, I'll check it out. As for other places, it sounds like Skype or Google would be the top contenders (at least as far as reliability goes).
Scripted and rehearsed is better for me. I'm going to try and jump in on the Skype conversations so I can hopefully overcome my nerves a bit.
I could probably work up to a live interview that way.

That sounds like a good idea, I'd never have the nerve to join the Skype orgy but I'm sure the other peeps in there are cool. If nothing else you'll get the chance to talk to wubwub!

(11-06-2013, 04:53 AM)Abraxas Wrote: Haven't had time to think much about this, and I need to make sure my ancient computer is going to handle it.

There's no rush, take your time Smile And hey, if you find that it's not practical for you to do it don't worry about it, there's no pressure!

I'll try to come up with the bones of a first episode over the next week, do the requisite research/sourcing, etc. Anyone else who wants to participate in this process, just say the word. Although with Ashtoreth on my crew I think things will move along nicely!
11-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Might have missed this if it was answered already, but is this going be a livestreamed thing or just uploaded to Youtube in episodes?

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
11-09-2013, 02:37 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

(11-09-2013, 02:37 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Might have missed this if it was answered already, but is this going be a livestreamed thing or just uploaded to Youtube in episodes?

We're debating that. Some of us aren't charismatic and spontaneous enough to justify a live stream. *cough*

11-09-2013, 05:02 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Editing can be useful, livestreaming takes that away.

[Image: luv.gif]
11-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Pretty good idea, i definitely support it. I don't think the topic won't be an issue. If horror games runs out, we can always think about something else involving horror, like movies for instance.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013, 08:23 PM by Red.)
11-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

(11-09-2013, 04:24 PM)Wooderson Wrote: Editing can be useful, livestreaming takes that away.

Agreed. Editing would definitely be useful, especially if we have longer discussions. I have an alright program for editing, but time is a big constraint for me. Anyone else?

11-10-2013, 01:54 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(11-10-2013, 01:54 AM)Abraxas Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 04:24 PM)Wooderson Wrote: Editing can be useful, livestreaming takes that away.

Agreed. Editing would definitely be useful, especially if we have longer discussions. I have an alright program for editing, but time is a big constraint for me. Anyone else?

Sony Vegas is fine, I don't mind doing it.

[Image: luv.gif]
11-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Find