Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Downloaded Amnesia TDD and I get "application not found" when I try open the folder
ClintBX Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago I Downloaded Amnesia TDD and I get "application not found" when I try open the folder

I downloaded Amnesia: The Dark Descent and got a zipped folder. Whenever I try to open or extract I get an error message. Something to the effect of invalid or empty folder. I tried downloading it a second time. Same problem.

Can someone help me clear this up? I'm eager to play the full game.

Thanks

Clinton
11-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: I Downloaded Amnesia TDD and I get "application not found" when I try open the folder

Hey there,
from which store you bought the game?
11-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Find
ClintBX Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: I Downloaded Amnesia TDD and I get "application not found" when I try open the folder

I bought direct from the frictional site. The vendor is esellarate.
11-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Okay, could you please provide a screenshot of the error or the exact error message/code.
11-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Find
ClintBX Offline

Okay. When I try to open the folder, it says
"windows cannot open the folder.
The compressed (zipped) Folder'C:\user\clinton\downloads\amnesia_tdd_1.2.zip' is invalid. "

When I try to extract it says,
"the compressed (zipped) folder is empty.
Before you can extract files, you must copy files to this compressed (zipped) folder.
To close this wizard, click finish. "

And when I try open with...
"C:\users\clinton\downloads\amnesia_tdd_1.2.zip
Application not found"

I'm using windows 8 and on an ultrabook acer aspire p3. Is there some specifications requirements that I overlooked? The demo workout ok.
11-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Mhh... I only know these error messages, when the zip folder is corrupted. It could mean, that the downloaded stopped, before it was finished. In that case you should download the complete file again. How big is the zip folder (in MB) ?
11-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Find
ClintBX Offline

I think I saw 224 mb when I looked under properties. Both times that I downloaded it, it did get interrupted and I clicked resume. I've got lousy connection at the moment (waiting for new home Internet to get hooked up). I used a pocket wifi. I'll swing by the apple store and use their wifi to download. That's if the interrupted download is behind the issue.

Thanks.
11-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Yes I think the interruption of the download is the issue. Maybe you can download it at a friend? Or as you say, use the apple store wifi. Smile
11-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Find
ClintBX Offline

A quick update. I finally got around to downloading amnesia in one solid uninterrupted download and it is now playing perfectly. Thanks again droog for the help. Smile
11-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Find