Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If we were to have a Director's Cut...
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: If we were to have a Director's Cut...

(11-09-2013, 12:37 AM)Potato Wrote:
(11-08-2013, 11:50 PM)Alardem Wrote: -More object interactivity

-More menacing encounters with Pigs i.e. have them actually break down doors and hunt you rather than disappear into ashes after you reach a certain point

-An expansion of the Pigline scene. The concept art implied that you'd literally be on the assembly line, but the final version's depiction of that level is underwhelming

Spoiler below!
This is a thread where you can suggest improvements for the game. It's not an invitation for passive aggressive complaining.
-Object interactivity would take a hit on the preformance of certain levels, especially levels like the mansion, since preformance is the main reason they made objects static.

Played through the mansion levels(plus a little of the basement), grabbed a chair and started smashing everything I could with it.
Almost all of the objects that would be expected to be interactive do have physics enabled, these include things like bottles,books,ink bottles,small pot plants....
Meanwhile of objects that would be expected to be interactive but were not I could only note (wine)glasses,violins, a certain green chair and a certain little chair with a violinl leaning on it(meaning all other chairs of this type without violins on it did).
Infact I also found a few objects that were not expected to have physics but did, These include "locked" shelfes, tovels, folded clothes, some objects out of the players hand reach.

The removal of interactivity does not all seem to have had anything to do with performance, but rather making sure players complete puzzles more easily and ignore those objects as having anything to do with the puzzle since they are not interactive anyway.

I believe that judging by the observations above AAMFP could easily have been made interactive to an acceptable level(heavy things like boxes,beds, and barrels would still be static). Even if it hits performance you could compensate for that by fixing all the things that were not expected to have had physics in the first place.
11-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Tip of the day:

1) Launch AMFP
2) Turn the volume to 0.0
3) Launch Pigline.ogg
4) Go to the Pigline level
5) Voilà! You have your freaky-pigline-disturbing scene.

Now gimme a cookie.
11-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Find
Rya.Reisender Offline

Threads: 1

AAMFP has a lot of potential from its story, but making it a good game would require a lot more than just a few changes.

The biggest thing that needs to be done was to completely remake the "dungeon design" so that it's not 100% linear.

Added to that I think they should add more horrifying scenes. They have a freaking pig slaughtering and reassembling machine, why does it not run? Seeing the pig meat running on trails and then getting cut by chainsaws with all the blood splatter would have a really impressive impact, I think a lot of potential was removed here.

The third thing I'd like to see is on top of the more unlinear dungeon design there should be many different endings.
11-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Find
slo64 Offline

Threads: 0

(11-10-2013, 04:31 PM)The Mug Wrote: Played through the mansion levels(plus a little of the basement), grabbed a chair and started smashing everything I could with it.
Almost all of the objects that would be expected to be interactive do have physics enabled, these include things like bottles,books,ink bottles,small pot plants....

Can't find the link now, but I've read somewhere that the objects aren't interactive because some tester guy just put all the objects into a pile, got on top of it, exited the level and said that the game was broken. I think it was in some Pinchbeck interview.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 11:00 AM by slo64.)
11-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(11-08-2013, 11:50 PM)Alardem Wrote: What would you want in it?

To have exactly the same feelings as I had playing TDD.

- More encounters at the begining (be them actually dangerous or just to slow down the player).
- Actual encounters where pigs do look break through doors and look for you. The chase music isn't loud enough, neither is the terror meter so chases aren't as intense as in TDD.
- More encounters with a more powerful tesla, which I found to be scarier than any other Amnesia monsters.
- Don't mind it being linear, but there should have been more puzzles.

I don't think a remake would be that difficult to do. Doesn't mean it will ever be done, either.
11-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Find