Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map won't save!
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Map won't save!

First things first, do this.

Right click your redist folder, click on Properties and make sure that read-only is not ticked or has a blue box in it, so it looks like this:
[Image: 317i7vn.png]

Secondly, go to your custom_stories/<custom_story_name>/maps/ folder.
Then click the Tools button and go to Folder Options. (If you cannot see Tools, press Alt while looking at the folder)
Under the View tab, you can find the option to show hidden files and folders. Make sure that this is on.
[Image: 16bcxht.png]

Then it should work.

If not then:
Right click your Level Editor, and hit Run As Administrator. This should allow you to save files no matter what.
[Image: 2pt0z12.png]

If the above dont work, then I dont know what is wrong.
If you can save the map file somewhere other than the maps directory, chances are your problem is the first.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Map won't save!

(12-04-2013, 07:17 PM)Romulator Wrote: First things first, do this.

Right click your redist folder, click on Properties and make sure that read-only is not ticked or has a blue box in it, so it looks like this:
[Image: 317i7vn.png]

Secondly, go to your custom_stories/<custom_story_name>/maps/ folder.
Then click the Tools button and go to Folder Options. (If you cannot see Tools, press Alt while looking at the folder)
Under the View tab, you can find the option to show hidden files and folders. Make sure that this is on.
[Image: 16bcxht.png]

Then it should work.

If not then:
Right click your Level Editor, and hit Run As Administrator. This should allow you to save files no matter what.
[Image: 2pt0z12.png]

If the above dont work, then I dont know what is wrong.
If you can save the map file somewhere other than the maps directory, chances are your problem is the first.

NOW IT WORKS!!!! Big Grin

12-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Find