Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lag/ Stuttering in Amnesia
toni112007 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Lag/ Stuttering in Amnesia

Hi all!

I have a problem playing Amnesia The Dark Descent ( Penumbra too, and some other games aswell )

Thing is i play Amnesia 98% of time at 50 fps.
But when i use Lantern ( for first time, when loading game ) it freezes for second and than continues normally, after that i can use lanter 100000 times and does not lag.
It also happens if i "for first time" move camera fastly ( fps drop for half second than back to normal )
It also happens sometimes when use tinderbox on candles ( and other stuff, forgot its name )
In Penumbra series there is camera lag just like in Amnesia.
But there is also half second lag when monster is breaks the door.
I have also lags in some other games which include explosions, fps drops for few second than back to normal.
I play Amnesia at 1280x1024 at medium settings.

My specs:

CPU : Intel E 1500 2.2 GhZ
RAM : 2GB
GPU : Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5 1GB
PSU : Corsair VS 550W
HDD : Toshiba 500 GB 7200rpm 6gb/s

Can anyone help me solving this?
I dont know what causes this, weak cpu or HDD or something else...
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 10:44 AM by toni112007.)
12-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Lag/ Stuttering in Amnesia

You say that this problem occurs on other games as well meaning that this is a system-wise issue and not directly related to FG games. For FG games, I suggest you do a file integrity check via steam (or a reinstallation for retail versions) in case the lags occur because of corrupted files or similar. Also, make sure you have the latest AMD drivers installed for your graphics card and even if you do, do a clean reinstallation as mentioned at the graphics card troubleshooting guide.
12-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Find
toni112007 Offline

(12-08-2013, 07:16 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: You say that this problem occurs on other games as well meaning that this is a system-wise issue and not directly related to FG games. For FG games, I suggest you do a file integrity check via steam (or a reinstallation for retail versions) in case the lags occur because of corrupted files or similar. Also, make sure you have the latest AMD drivers installed for your graphics card and even if you do, do a clean reinstallation as mentioned at the graphics card troubleshooting guide.

Thanks for reply, yes i believe this is system wise problem but i have posted this on several other games forums and no one knows where is the problem.
So i asked here if anyone knows or maybe had this problem like i have...
12-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Hardware-wise, the rest of the system does not really go along with your graphics card meaning that most probably your CPU-RAM-HDD is bottlenecking this gpu. The cpu is old/weak and maybe the HDD has little cache or is very fragmented causing slowdowns and stutters when game files are loaded.

From where did you get Amnesia TDD?
12-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Find
toni112007 Offline

(12-08-2013, 11:47 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Hardware-wise, the rest of the system does not really go along with your graphics card meaning that most probably your CPU-RAM-HDD is bottlenecking this gpu. The cpu is old/weak and maybe the HDD has little cache or is very fragmented causing slowdowns and stutters when game files are loaded.

From where did you get Amnesia TDD?

I agree with RAM and CPU.
But that HDD has score of 6/10 on gamedebate here is the link http://www.game-debate.com/harddrive/ind...50%20500GB

I have bought retail version of ATDD.
12-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Scores do not matter. Anyway, try a game reinstallation and do a clean reinstall of your AMD drivers. Other than that, as far FG games go this is the best they can run at your system.
12-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Find