Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Kalma [Demo] - Custom Story
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
RE: Kalma [Demo] - Custom Story (Full story cancelled)

(08-30-2012, 05:22 AM)Streetboat Wrote: I highly recommend you keep working with HPL2- you have talent. I was very impressed with some of your environments, and the lobby really did feel like a new environment- I liked the antique wooden lodge feeling it had going on. The only thing I would recommend is make your puzzles less obvious, as that was the weakest area in this demo. I didn't even know why my character would need a
Spoiler below!
jar of oil, but as soon as I saw the giant cask of oil, I thought "well, looks like I'm gonna have to grease a lever at some point".
To combat this, I would recommend disabling interaction with
Spoiler below!
the drill pieces and the glass jar until the player even tries to move the stuck lever.
Then the player would be forced to backtrack, extending gameplay exponentially. As it is, I merely picked up all the puzzle pieces and went around solving arbitrary puzzles and held onto the results until the items became necessary.

Like I said before, though, the environments you make are excellent! very creative. Smile
Thanks man, i feel honored.
08-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

i played it, its very good the mapping and the scripts i give 9/10 even because it is a demo =D

Projects i'm working on
The Dream:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dream
Amnesia:Fear in Hands
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-fear-in-hands
08-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(08-31-2012, 05:07 PM)Gaviao Wrote: i played it, its very good the mapping and the scripts i give 9/10 even because it is a demo =D
Yeah , the demo was made almost an year ago, I think am capable of doing even better 'cause i exprienced
during the progress of the full Kalma story, but still there's some weaknesess, like i am bad making good and interesting plot and stuff. So i would never get a perfect 10.

If i would review this demo i would give it 7 or below. It's lacking story, some texture clipping, script bugs,
grammar mistakes and much more.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012, 05:56 PM by Red.)
08-31-2012, 05:54 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Kalma [Demo] - Custom Story (Full story canceled)

Here was nothing written, ignore this post.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2014, 10:11 PM by Red.)
10-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Kalma [Demo] - Custom Story

Do not misunderstand, the fullversion of this story is now officially in development. Here and there have been some variables, but they won't prevent this story being released. The release date is on Q2 of this year i think. Might take longer, depends on the variables.
03-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Find