Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Amnesia Multiplayer (Cringe as you may.)
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Amnesia Multiplayer (Cringe as you may.)

(02-20-2014, 05:32 PM)Red Wrote: Everything is possible with source by modding. Just look at Titanfall for instance. And i think modding the physics engine may end up to similiar results. BUT, you have to be pro to do that.

Oh, I was talking about the Source engine by Valve xD
Since he mentioned Half Life.

02-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(02-20-2014, 05:32 PM)Red Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 08:39 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Source does not have the same kind of physics engine so I doubt you'd be able to create it to be similar at all.

Everything is possible with source by modding. Just look at Titanfall for instance. And i think modding the physics engine may end up to similiar results. BUT, you have to be pro to do that.

I disagree with the multiplayer aspect, death space 3 is good example how it could end up, badly.

Titanfall is not a mod, they have the source code, derp.
02-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

(02-20-2014, 07:29 PM)Statyk Wrote: Well the thing is with Dead Space 3 is EA stated they made Dead Space 3 more action based than horror to try and "draw in the Mass Effect fans". That's why it flopped so hard. ME fans don't care for DS3 and they lost a lot of DS fans. So they probably have the potential to make a scary multiplayer, but didn't make an attempt at it in any way, it wasn't their focus.

But also because, from a financial standpoint, EA has to setup strict deadlines, otherwise they will not make any revenue. This is an ongoing trend constantly supported by the fact that EA's stock value rises everytime it releases a new title, being closely followed by a huge drop in its stock value-- after its stakeholders became wary that their products did not live up to its expectations. This has happened with Sim City (reboot), Crysis 3 (Crytek doesn't work with EA anymore), Dead Space 3, Battlefield 4 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter. It seems like EA has to pour out these titles before they're even finished... just to stay alive, which happens to deliver "subpar" products.

If you'd ask me, EA would have been bankrupt 2 years ago hadn't it been for this "strategy".

Severly off-topic, I know...

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
02-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

(02-20-2014, 08:32 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 05:32 PM)Red Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 08:39 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Source does not have the same kind of physics engine so I doubt you'd be able to create it to be similar at all.

Everything is possible with source by modding. Just look at Titanfall for instance. And i think modding the physics engine may end up to similiar results. BUT, you have to be pro to do that.

I disagree with the multiplayer aspect, death space 3 is good example how it could end up, badly.

Titanfall is not a mod, they have the source code, derp.
Then i've heard wrong, and badly, damn reviewtechusa, giving false information.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2014, 05:18 PM by Red.)
02-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Find