Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Three Week Map #1
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: The Three Week Map #1

(01-26-2014, 04:11 PM)Romulator Wrote: I like the red light :3 It's much different to what I am usually accustomed to when I see Amnesia maps. Something I must say though is that I know that your map is still a WIP, but it is a bit repetitive with the wall.. put up some banners or some art or something :3

Good idea, will scatter around some of these big paintings and some banners.

(01-26-2014, 05:32 PM)i3670 Wrote: And the billboards need some work.

In what aspect?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-26-2014, 06:12 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

I think the billboards are way too heavy considering the amount of light that is in the hallway : ). The hallway is actually pretty dark, and the billboards are light super duper strong. I like the map because of its originality though, it looks good very creative imho : D !
Good luck with detailing your map : 3 !

01-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(01-26-2014, 06:19 PM)daortir Wrote: I think the billboards are way too heavy considering the amount of light that is in the hallway : ). The hallway is actually pretty dark, and the billboards are light super duper strong. I like the map because of its originality though, it looks good very creative imho : D !
Good luck with detailing your map : 3 !

Hm, the thing is that I don't know if I should make the map overall brighter or the billboards fainter... I'll see what I decide :3

Thank you for your input Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Billboards should generally be faint unless the air is really, really, really dusty/foggy. It's quite rare to see very clearly defined lines in the air created by light and dust.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
01-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

And given there are a lot of billboards coming in, they should be much darker, because when you look at them from the side, they become much brighter when looking at a few at a time.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-27-2014, 12:24 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Couple more days.. Im gonna need to really hunker down and finish. Have one part left but I'm trying to really perfect it. Really small map i think but it has it's nicities. I think im going to take the idea I made in my head for it and make a CS out of it.

01-31-2014, 06:44 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

I won't lie, I MAY have to back out. Primaily because I have to just clean up the last of my homework over this weekend, so at this rate, I won't finish the map, but given time, I may just finish the whole thing, as if it were three weeks.

If I don't finish it, I'll do my best to make up for it in the next Three Week Map challenge Big Grin

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-31-2014, 10:20 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Hey guys, I'm done mine c: (Download - thanks WIWWM for fixing my screw ups)
So there is a goal and a purpose to this tiny map. I did my best to give you an idea of what happened to the person/people that would have used this room frequently (and abused Danny to test if there was any method to my madness; sorry, Danny).

I'm curious if it worked at all, so if you play in it, I'd like to hear what you think you know about the person/people - anything from jobs, habits, illnesses, deaths, etc.

Every little detail counts - the decals, the object placement, the objects used, the layout, the amount of dust/cobwebs on certain things, etc., so don't dismiss anything as trivial.

Hints:
Spoiler below!

There is a third person who is not as important and just visits once in a while. That may clear up some confusion.

Spoiler below!

Whether the characters were male or female is irrelevant to the rest - but props to you if you get it c:

Spoiler below!

No, there wasn't a murder

There is no .lang file or script; I didn't want to ruin anything.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2014, 07:13 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
01-31-2014, 06:39 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Aren't you supposed to be able to play the map? Because Kia, you forgot to add the PlayerStartArea in the .cfg if you were supposed to be able to play it.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
01-31-2014, 07:28 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(01-31-2014, 06:39 PM)Kia Wrote: Hey guys, I'm done mine c:
So there is a goal and a purpose to this tiny map. I did my best to give you an idea of what happened to the person/people that would have used this room frequently (and abused Danny to test if there was any method to my madness; sorry, Danny).

I'm curious if it worked at all, so if you play in it, I'd like to hear what you think you know about the person/people - anything from jobs, habits, illnesses, deaths, etc.

Every little detail counts - the decals, the object placement, the objects used, the layout, the amount of dust/cobwebs on certain things, etc., so don't dismiss anything as trivial.

Ok, ok, ok, I found some stuff and I'm guessing a little bit.

Spoiler below!

Dude has been religious. Behind the shelf is a book and a cross with cobweb over them. So they're old.

Dude drinks, where he probably shouldn't.
You can see a broken bottle and wine-stains over an open book close to the chair by the window...
Why shouldn't he? - you ask... Well, behind the books in the shelf, several wine-bottles are hidden. He doesn't want people to know he's drinking.

So, he was probably once a priester.

But hey, he's been making that alcohol himself! He is holding chemicals in that room.
Something probably went wrong, and he created what first blinded him, later killed him.

or, as most people know, alcohol is toxic for your body.

Why the bed is turned doesn't say me anything, else than he needed the clothes under the bed. Or all the papers that are scattered around.

Hm, in the spoilers you say there was a third person. So there's also a second person.

Is this man hiding his alcohol from his wife perhaps?

Hm, that's what i got. How close am i?

Trying is the first step to success.
01-31-2014, 08:48 PM
Find