Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Creepiest Shit In Your Childhood
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
RE: Creepiest Shit In Your Childhood

(01-16-2014, 10:50 PM)Traggey Wrote: Lost my father when I was young! Knew it would happen many many hours before it did, no real reason as to why I'd know, haunted me for years.
I'm sorry to hear.

I've lost someone who i know too, but in that case the predictor was a cat, it didn't let my friend from his apartment, later that day occured a car accident.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 11:02 PM by Red.)
01-16-2014, 10:55 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

In my childhood I dreamt about several monsters. Who didn't.
Well one of them that I remember:
I was at my grandmothers house. But for some reason the house was on another planet. And inside the open door comes a mech. A monster-mech. I quickly hide behind a door, because I do not want to meet that guy. Then suddenly, I feel something strange in my back. It's like I become hollow. The mech is eating my back. It's eating parts of my back and it feels strange. Then I wake up. Not before it eats mere. WHILE it eats me. It felt so strange...

Oh another thing.
I was playing this old, old game called "Magnus and and the Mosquito" (In danish: "Magnus og Myggen")
And there was this small thing where a fox jumps onto the screen saying "Hahaaa! There's my dinner".
I was scared for months. Even though I played and completed the game dusins of times I always had to make my father or mother come to get me past that part.
Here is a bad quality picture of him... But hey, it was about 11 years ago!
[Image: xf0mr4.png]

Trying is the first step to success.
01-16-2014, 11:12 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

Stealth levels in games always made me piss myself. Also, whenever the GameCube froze and made a repeating, loud tone.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
01-16-2014, 11:31 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

i used to have A LOT of nightmares, to the point same ones kept occuring every single night..

my younger cousin digging out my eyes
my grandparents dogs chewing on each others inside organs
bad things happening to my family
Being tortured by some weird dream entity my imagination conjured

Used to dreams exact those very very frequently, for like a month i didnt even want to go to sleep anymore because i didnt want to dream it again

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
01-17-2014, 12:05 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Frequent night terrors. I recall a very frightening and recurring night terror which made absolutely no sense. The whole dream consisted of weird patches of brownish colours that kept overlapping each other. The patches would get denser and denser and their overlapping formed more complex patterns. I would be an entity overlooking the patches, while feeling that somehow my physical self was being trapped in the patterns that were forming, and this induced a heavy sense of claustrophobia. I'd wake up screaming and begging for it to stop, making my parents feel confused.

These night terrors ended after I turned 13. The last few night terrors I had took a strangely sexual nature, in which in addition to the brown patches, "dominating" words and images floated in the background like "feces", "war," "god", etc.

[Image: p229xcq]
01-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Find
Daeris Offline

Threads: 0

This. [Image: vacuum.jpg]
This thing right here. 

As a child I had a nightmare once that this thing chased me around my house.
01-17-2014, 12:58 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

The weirdest (and creepiest) shit I remember from my childhood was a nightmare that I only dreamt once (which is weird because I often have recurring dreams). I dreamt that I was together with one of my older brothers and my mother in the middle of a desert at a ruin of some sort, like a broken pyramid made of brickwork if I recall correctly. And the dream basically was about my brother chasing and trying to kill my mother with a kitchen knife and I couldn't really do anything except cheering at my mother to run faster, like a coach. It was the most fucked up case of cognitive dissonance I've ever had because it was sort of hilarious and freaky at the same time. The dream ended before anything nasty happened but it has always stayed with me as one of the most fucked up shit I've ever experienced.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
01-17-2014, 01:53 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

This episode of Pingu.
[youtube]BZnimet_R2E[/youtube]

This episode has been banned in many countries :3 Wasn't banned in Australia before I saw it though. Silly censorship. I watch this episode now and laugh at my fears, but I can see why I didn't like it.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2014, 01:58 AM by Romulator.)
01-17-2014, 01:56 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Oh yeah, and those night terrors still have some impact to me this day. I was playing a number riddle game with a guy the other day and I started to feel a disturbed after I tried really, really hard to look for complex patterns in the numbers.

[Image: p229xcq]
01-17-2014, 02:00 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

I can't find a picture anywhere, but there was this cartoon by Steven Spielberg called 'The Family Dog', which briefly showed a person named 'Grunga', an assistant of the head of the dog pound.  He was huge with green skin, red lips, and a twisted smile.
I tried to watch it again to overcome, and it turns out he ends up getting his butt handed to him by a little terrier, but good Lord, his face haunted me for years.
Edit: Found a clip:
[youtube]c-Xm4V8ihos[/youtube]

For some reason I have more nightmares as an adult (anyone else?), I don't really remember anything beyond the normal as a child.  But now I'd rather not talk about them.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2014, 05:34 AM by VaeVictis.)
01-17-2014, 04:26 AM
Find