Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
machine for pigs lantern in a custom story
39Games Offline

Threads: 14
machine for pigs lantern in a custom story

my buddy and i have been working on porting the mfp lantern to tdd, and it works perfect, but i want to have it in my custom story which is due in 3 days so could I get some tips on how to get it into the custom story?
cheers

01-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: machine for pigs lantern in a custom story

EDIT: YOU MAY NEED TO ALSO WORRY ABOUT THE UPDATE REQUIRED TO PLAY THE MOD. ASSUMING EVERYONE HAS THE 131111 PATCH MAY NOT BE THE WAY TO GO.

You need to do a Full Conversion mod. If you don't want to do that, you can do this as a workaround:

Have the AAMFP lantern (and sounds if necessary) in your mod, going like this form of directory, where the AAMFP lantern files are the same (correct) filenames as Amnesia's in the hand_objects/lantern/ folder. Seeing as your mod has it, your directory MUST be like this in your zip, and you would require players to overwrite their ATDD lantern.
/redist
- /custom_stories
   - /your_mod
- /models
   - /hand_objects
     - /lantern

What this does however is remove the ATDD lantern. I would include the original ATDD lantern as well, probably in a backup folder.

If your Custom Story however is a full conversion mod, simply overwrite the lantern like this:
/redist
- /<your_full_conversion_folder_name>
   - /models
     - /hand_objects
       - /lantern

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 07:25 AM by Romulator.)
01-24-2014, 07:20 AM
Find
39Games Offline

(01-24-2014, 07:20 AM)Romulator Wrote: EDIT: YOU MAY NEED TO ALSO WORRY ABOUT THE UPDATE REQUIRED TO PLAY THE MOD. ASSUMING EVERYONE HAS THE 131111 PATCH MAY NOT BE THE WAY TO GO.

You need to do a Full Conversion mod. If you don't want to do that, you can do this as a workaround:

Have the AAMFP lantern (and sounds if necessary) in your mod, going like this form of directory, where the AAMFP lantern files are the same (correct) filenames as Amnesia's in the hand_objects/lantern/ folder. Seeing as your mod has it, your directory MUST be like this in your zip, and you would require players to overwrite their ATDD lantern.
/redist
- /custom_stories
   - /your_mod
- /models
   - /hand_objects
     - /lantern

What this does however is remove the ATDD lantern. I would include the original ATDD lantern as well, probably in a backup folder.

If your Custom Story however is a full conversion mod, simply overwrite the lantern like this:
/redist
- /<your_full_conversion_folder_name>
   - /models
     - /hand_objects
       - /lantern

ok then, well i have moved my custom story folder to the root (on the steamversion) now how will i launch it? and load all the custom lantern files? they include entities, models, sounds and graphics

01-24-2014, 07:34 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Before I assist further, could you tell me if you have a Custom Story, or Full Conversion. Do you run your CS from the Amnesia's "Custom Story" section of the main menu, or execute a batch file?

01-24-2014, 07:38 AM
Find
39Games Offline

its currently a custom story, launched in the custom story menu, i wanted to keep it like that and try to have the lantern launched without hassle but now i am going to try a full conversion, launching batch.

01-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

In that case, set up your FC by following this guide.

Once you have done all that, copy over the models folder from Amnesia, and everything in it, and put it into your Full Conversion. Then from there, take the lantern folder from AAMFP and put it in there. Once that is done, run your game with the batch file you create in that tutorial and see if the lantern works. If not, then we may have to edit some more things.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 09:12 AM by Romulator.)
01-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Find
39Games Offline

ok i have setup a full conversion, added some other things but i have added, but the lantern does not work, the new sounds do but the new one doesnt, it remains the same as the TDD lantern, which i would assume that i am allowing my new entities folder and orig entities folder in the resources so it picks the lantern.ent in tdd first.. how would i fix this?

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 12:41 PM by 39Games.)
01-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Copy over any new entities which you have used and add them to the Full Conversion's folders, either in a folder called "new_entities" (which you have to add to the resources.cfg file in your FC), or in the folders they are already in. It is sort of a hassle because you have to figure out most of the stuff you have used, but it is in a way required.

01-24-2014, 12:37 PM
Find
39Games Offline

ok i have done this and now everything works except for the lantern, it still uses the original one instead of my new one

01-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Did you accidentely recopy over the Lantern? Tongue

01-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Find