Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Bit of Advice Seeking
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Bit of Advice Seeking

(01-30-2014, 04:43 AM)Abraxas Wrote: 'Don't worry' is the obvious bit of advice here, but there's a few practical steps you can take to help:
Write it down on a piece of paper, let it simmer for awhile, and come back to it after you clear your head. Take a step back and look at it rationally. In all reality, there's no reason for this to follow you.

Once you feel ready (there is no set timeline for readiness here), shred the piece of paper, take a deep breath, and resolve to let it go. For your one moment of weakness (which you are totally allowed to have), you have at least one strength.
Take care of yourself. Take a day or two and get yourself back together. Rest and remind yourself of your strengths and the possibilities open to you.

Don't worry about this. I've already well acknowledged the fact that I have strengths, and weaknesses. In fact, after the camp is now over I can't wait to get back to doing what I am actually good at.

Just currently curious to see if there may probably be another way to deal with this besides "Get over it"...which I currently see is very unlikely lol (Mostly because what's done is done). Still, you never know, and that's part of the advice I'm looking for

(01-30-2014, 04:43 AM)Abraxas Wrote: Even if you do visit campus, they're college students, I can almost guarantee they've forgotten about it already, even they even noticed in the first place.

While this should be true, a reason I am still worried is because of another senior above me two years. He was known for being irresponsible, sleeping on the job, being late, and unprovokingly scolding children.

While on the surface everyone still had great fun with him, and treated him like a friend during fun times, it was no secret among us peers that many thought very lowly of him.

Although to be fair my case is infinitely better than his: I force myself to stay awake during camp even with minimal sleep (Lots of us doze off accidentally now, and then), I fulfill all my basic duties (Save for this camp, although they were more like adviser expectations rather than solid duties), and I ALWAYS smile during QA sessions with activities I'm assigned to no matter how tired I am (Because I know it makes minors nervous if a senior has a poker face on even if they're just doing it from being tired).

Just food for thought mainly.

(01-30-2014, 04:43 AM)Abraxas Wrote: If nothing else, and you (for some silly reason) end up being confronted by someone about it, just be like:
[img]

I don't think I ever have to worry about that. I can't explain how I'm sure, but I am dead certain it will not happen ^^

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
01-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Find