Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is community inactive lately?
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: Is community inactive lately?

and I'm drunk.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
01-30-2014, 10:28 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I'm quite busy modding and with real life, so I don't have much time for this forum... I'm definitely going to announce my story when it's finished here and in Moddb, I guess that the forum is a bit static now. Just wait til' the update, and this place will recieve like hundreds of people.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(01-30-2014, 08:22 PM)DnALANGE Wrote:
(01-30-2014, 07:12 PM)Traggey Wrote: Amnesia is an indie game, just uh.. Pointing that out.

Useless comment Traggey....

How so? You clearly said.

''I think there are more people interested in indie games atm..''

Amnesia IS, an indie game.
01-31-2014, 12:44 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I'm always on, These forums are just a small group of people. I think it's just the fact that we are small. Plus its not the easiest to exactly become a "part" of the community per se.

I remember when i first came here it seemed pretty lively and i couldnt keep up witht everything that was going on and in my first couple posts i felt pretty ignored and out of place. Now when i posit im pretty sure people actually read what i say and such.

01-31-2014, 06:43 AM
Find
ingedoom Offline

Threads: 12

(01-30-2014, 07:12 PM)Traggey Wrote: Amnesia is an indie game, just uh.. Pointing that out.

Felt the same way xD

[Image: 23778.png]
01-31-2014, 09:59 AM
Website Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

I don't think that the forum is dying much, however, I think that lack of CS support in AAMFP sort of has thrown out Custom Story Development because it can consider ATDD as old now :p

What seems to be trending on the forums is in the Off Topic forum, and otherwise is simple things in the Development Support and Technical Support section, which is although repetitive, a pleasure to be able to help out those who seek assistance. I may not be the smartest, nor do I try, I just do my best to belong and be a part of this great community, whether the forums are dying or not.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-31-2014, 10:25 AM
Find
JonnyAnomaly Offline

Threads: 20

I'm sure there are people working on things who are not yet ready to show them. After a few projects of my own that I have started and abandoned, I have stopped creating anything until I have a clear idea of the story I want to make before I continue. I started learning the UDK tools recently for its technical capabilities (which are tempting to a newbie 3D artist like me), but I'll never be a programmer capable of creating an Amnesia style framework in Unreal. Amnesia's scripting is much easier to learn for me and is more flexible than I will ever need. There are still so many cool things that could be done with the current HPL2 that I haven't yet seen attempted. As a set of tools to create a horror/adventure game by yourself, you can't beat it.

As far as forum activity goes, I haven't been here that long but there is a hell of a lot of info here, more than enough to learn anything you need to create an Amnesia mod all by yourself, and still a pretty active development support section for anything else. So I would be surprised if there aren't more people like myself who are still looking to use HPL2 for a future project, who don't possess the programming wizardry to code their own game in UDK or another engine. So there's that I guess.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2014, 06:58 AM by JonnyAnomaly.)
02-01-2014, 06:58 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

i mean i have like a 2/3 functional alpha of my mod rn if thats worth anything

Posting Freak
02-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I'm working on Spacies and another mod called the red light. Recently I've been switching between them as well as making characters in zbrush (which take a lot of time for me!). So, things are still happening - I'm just not posting as many printscreens as I usually do.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

02-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

Working on Amnesia In Her Memory, WhiteSymphony and Sea of Nooses.
Been using After Effects and Premiere more often but sometimes i'm exactly posting much or saying anything due to either personal issues or because i have nothing to say

The International Narcotics Traffic
02-02-2014, 01:43 AM
Find