Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make a message appear by clicking on something?
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: How to make a message appear by clicking on something?

Whilst I do agree that it's a good idea to look into the wiki first, do keep in mind that you will NEVER be in any danger of getting banned because you're asking questions in the support section, that is what it is here for.

Don't let other forum members threaten you with bans, that's my job, not theirs.
02-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Find
FurtherGames Offline

Threads: 23

(02-03-2014, 03:10 PM)Romulator Wrote: Without being mean mate, I think you should overlook the Engine Scripts page a little bit more. While we are here to help, we cannot always just give you code. Look through Amnesia, other people's Custom Stories, the wiki tutorials and previous forum posts. You have to learn what to do as well, not just rely on everybody else.

Regardless:
PHP Code: (Select All)
void OnStart()
{
SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback("""interacted"false);
}

void interacted("name_of_entity_in_Level_Editor")
{
SetMessage(stringasTextCategorystringasTextEntry0.0f);

(I think that works. Haven't tested it, but followed correct terms in setting it up)

You need to supply the TextCategory and TextEntry, according to your lang file, and change the name_of_entity_in_Level_Editor to the name of what you're interacting with.

The engine script doesn't provide you with simple "how do you do this" or even simple tasks like "adding messages to whatever". It gives you a line of code to maybe display a message, or how to add to message, but doesn't actually show you how it's done. If people have problems with answering a question about "how do you do this" on a forum, well don't answer them or lecture them. I'm not saying you did lecture him, just pointing it out a lot of people dislike the engine script.
02-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

I'll make a tutorial then for the wiki Tongue

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Find
FurtherGames Offline

Threads: 23

(02-03-2014, 08:59 PM)Romulator Wrote: I'll make a tutorial then for the wiki Tongue

Sounds like a good idea.
02-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Find