Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this possible?
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
Is this possible?

I was going to make some jumpscares in my story, and I'm just wondering if this is possible to make a monster run to the pathnode, not just walk but run. Should I use "PlayPropAnimation" func?
02-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Is this possible?

(02-03-2014, 07:05 PM)Lazzer Wrote: I was going to make some jumpscares in my story, and I'm just wondering if this is possible to make a monster run to the pathnode, not just walk but run. Should I use "PlayPropAnimation" func?

I think you want it just like what happened in the sewer in the original amnesia. when you click on the door, the brute starts running not walking. I think it's a hunt mode, where the enemy starts chasing when it gets spawned, maybe you can see what code they did in the script of the sewer where the brute starts chasing you when it gets spawned, if that's what you want.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014, 07:21 PM by Radical Batz.)
02-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(02-03-2014, 07:21 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 07:05 PM)Lazzer Wrote: I was going to make some jumpscares in my story, and I'm just wondering if this is possible to make a monster run to the pathnode, not just walk but run. Should I use "PlayPropAnimation" func?

I think you want it just like what happened in the sewer in the original amnesia. when you click on the door, the brute starts running not walking. I think it's a hunt mode, where the enemy starts chasing when it gets spawned, maybe you can see what code they did in the script of the sewer where the brute starts chasing you when it gets spawned, if that's what you want.

You got me wrong - I want to monster run in front of players eyes, I know how to make him walk, but i'm not sure about running.
02-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I know there's a parameter to set to what animation to play when moving to a pathnode, but people never use it so I don't even know if it works. You would probably also need to create a seperate entity to do something about the speed so he does not run at walk speed.
If you just want him to run towards the player there is a function for that though which you can find in the function list on the wiki.

Regardless it be great if ya would get on skype sometime Lazzer we need to talk.
02-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

On the engine scripts it says

void AddEnemyPatrolNode(string& asName, string& asNodeName, float afWaitTime, string& asAnimation);

Adds a patrol node to the enemy's path.

asName - internal name of the enemy
asNodeName - path node
afWaitTime - time in seconds that the enemy waits at the path node before continuing
asAnimation - the animation the enemy uses when reaching the path node

where it says "asAnimation - the animation the enemy uses when reaching the path node"
maybe you can do a running animation when he reaches the pathnode, sorry if I'm wrong but maybe I'm not
02-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(02-03-2014, 07:29 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: On the engine scripts it says

void AddEnemyPatrolNode(string& asName, string& asNodeName, float afWaitTime, string& asAnimation);

Adds a patrol node to the enemy's path.

asName - internal name of the enemy
asNodeName - path node
afWaitTime - time in seconds that the enemy waits at the path node before continuing
asAnimation - the animation the enemy uses when reaching the path node

where it says "asAnimation - the animation the enemy uses when reaching the path node"
maybe you can do a running animation when he reaches the pathnode, sorry if I'm wrong but maybe I'm not

To see what the animation name is btw, just open up in model editor or viewer
02-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

You can increase his movement speed in the model editor. I did it before, just copy the files in another folder.
02-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Yeah it's what Original said above.
I did it too with a LOT of monsters ( also like the "hatman"in Premonition )
There is a function to get an animation to work.
Here take a look at this :
Quote:SetEntityActive("PigRunAfter", true);
AddEnemyPatrolNode("PigRunAfter", "PathNodeArea_6", 2, "");
PlayPropAnimation("PigRunAfter", "streets_sc7_cloth", 0.0f, false, "");
The ( streets_sc7_cloth ) is the .anm inside the enemy\animations folder.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014, 11:39 PM by DnALANGE.)
02-03-2014, 11:36 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

You have to create a new enemy entity in the model editor and save it as a different name. Then go into animations and change his walk animation to use the run one, and increase his walk speed to match it. Then call that entity into effect when you want him to run his pathnode.

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(02-03-2014, 11:45 PM)Streetboat Wrote: You have to create a new enemy entity in the model editor and save it as a different name. Then go into animations and change his walk animation to use the run one, and increase his walk speed to match it. Then call that entity into effect when you want him to run his pathnode.

Just want to add ;
Don't make the run animation too fast..
Then the enemy will SLIDE in stead of running.
I don't know the max here, but i think higher then let's say 25 looks ridiculous..
Try it yhourself for a laugh Wink
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014, 02:16 AM by DnALANGE.)
02-04-2014, 02:16 AM
Find